Joakim Noah frustrated with rookie Tony Snell’s effort on celebration

Mar 1, 2014, 9:31 PM EDT

This may be the most Joakim Noah thing ever — check out the look he shoots rookie Tony Snell when Snell doesn’t give it his all in a run-and-bump post basket celebration Friday night.

source:

The Bulls had come from behind and were about to pick up a quality win over Dallas on the road and Noah was pumped — because Noah is always pumped.

Snell didn’t bring it. Rookies.

Noah tweeted about it later.

Hat tip to reddit’s NBA community for that one.

1. antistratfordian - Mar 1, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Awesome. Love that. Noah is turning into one of my favorite players. I can’t explain it – I should dislike him – but I don’t.

• trevor123698 - Mar 2, 2014 at 12:36 AM

he has been one of my favorites and hes a moron for this. celebrating like that is for idiots. snell is smart to react how he did

• antistratfordian - Mar 2, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Meh. Lighten up.

• trevor123698 - Mar 2, 2014 at 5:06 AM

I’m perfectly lightened up. You have to be simple minded and dumb to throw your body around like that. there was nothing to celebrate and there won’t be for a while for bulls fans and players.

• ranfan12 - Mar 2, 2014 at 8:34 AM

How is leading in the last minute of a 4th quarter during a pretty close nothing to celebrate?

• initialsgbm - Mar 2, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Why is there nothing to celebrate as a fan or player? They are still the fourth seed in the East after losing their star player for yet another season due to injury and trading away a second because of cap issues.

There’s a plenty of games and a lot of fight left in the Bulls.

• apkyletexas - Mar 2, 2014 at 3:05 PM

@trevor123698 – “I’m perfectly lightened up. You have to be simple minded and dumb to throw your body around like that”

We all know what you are really referring to – Rose and his pointless and damaging bunny hops.

• sureaspeas - Mar 8, 2014 at 8:34 AM

He’s had this personality since college. He’s into the sport. He’s into the game. He’s always been crazy expressive. And it’s part of what has always made him so fun, and maybe even so good. He’s not a moron – he just genuinely loves what he does. Not to mention I’ve given my friends the “wtf” look plenty of times when they lacked in celebration. It’s all in good fun as it obviously was for Noah. You’re watching a 10 second .gif. Not the development of their relationship as teammates.

• jerze2387 - Mar 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Agreed. I hated him in college, hated him when the Bulls drafted him….but the energy he brings, hes just a fun guy. And hes been important to the team to off set thibs toughness and keep things loose when theyve been without their “star” player (a player i used to like, but now cant stand, opposite of noah. My, how things change).

And how can you not like a player who plays hurt a lot and hustles his ass off. hes earned my respect

• antistratfordian - Mar 11, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Exactly. Plus he has some skill too – messing around and getting triple doubles. And I like his defensive versatility – that’s rare for someone his size.

2. 00maltliquor - Mar 1, 2014 at 10:07 PM

I love Jo, I really do! One of my favorite players in the L. Those are the kind of players I loved playing with back in my days. Full of fire, energy and passion. I was the same way.

3. 00maltliquor - Mar 1, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Booz should be mad at Jo, he left him hanging!

• mcjon22 - Mar 1, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Boozer’s defense leaves him hanging on the bench in the 4th quarter every night

• 00maltliquor - Mar 2, 2014 at 6:19 AM

ZIIING!

4. chicagosports2014 - Mar 1, 2014 at 11:56 PM

thats right, speak your mind Jo!

5. boogiefan87 - Mar 2, 2014 at 3:19 AM

That has to be one of the best gifs I have ever seen. Thank you Mr Noah.

6. patsfan15 - Mar 2, 2014 at 4:03 AM

@Trevor12368 would you have players shoe zero emotion ?

• trevor123698 - Mar 2, 2014 at 5:08 AM

showing emotion has nothing to do with jumping up and hitting eachother in mid air. i have never participated in such crap and never will. and i have had plenty of oppurtunity. i once had a hockey season where i averaged 8 goals per game. legitimately. weak competition but even then it was nothing to celebrate and there was nothing here. jumping around like an idiot is nothing more than jumping around like an idiot. but when you have a league and planet filled with fools this is what you get

• bjswoosh805 - Mar 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Whoa there bro dont hate, appreciate!!! Noah was simply celebrating & there’s nothing wrong with that. Also its not called “jumping like an idiot” he was just expressing his passion and love for the game.

• trevor123698 - Mar 2, 2014 at 5:09 AM

and snell was smiling and happy aka showing emotion. he reacted how i do to that sort of nonsense

7. 00maltliquor - Mar 2, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Who brung Debbie Downer to the party?! ^^^ Sheeeesh

8. gmsingh123 - Mar 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Snell is a low key guy on the court. He might come out of his shell later. Coming from behind and beating Dallas is a pretty big deal though.

• jerze2387 - Mar 2, 2014 at 12:28 PM

so should we call him Tony Shell for now?

• gmsingh123 - Mar 3, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Sure, as long as he’s not thought of as the Shell Answer Man.

9. zackd2 - Mar 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Maybe if Tony Snell went to college for four years he would have developed his celebration skills better. Those darn 3-and-done players

10. rodge1 - Mar 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Noah should be critiquing his teammate that’s afraid to suit up in the playoffs.

• jerze2387 - Mar 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Wouldnt wanna risk hurthing the Golden Boys feelings. He might have to sit out another season then due to “emotional distress..just not ready to return”

11. billtetley53 - Mar 2, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Trevor realizes his athletic carreer peaked at 10(you know his 8 goals a game era)

Seriously, he’s one of those white guys that hate when blacks are demonstrative.
    Ive heard guys like this at the bar, you can imagine the end game after they complain about it. It leads to. that one word…

• hojo20 - Mar 2, 2014 at 11:19 AM

8 goals a game? Maybe playing video games.

• trevor123698 - Mar 2, 2014 at 6:58 PM

no it was real life. you should see me play basketball to this day. i will destroy anyone on this board one on one or in anything you want. I train with basketball renegades programs regularly. You cant imagine the drills i do.

here is an example of my basketball skils. i look just like the guy making the video. slightly lower dribbling skill but im getting closer

12. onlyavoice - Mar 2, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Noah needs to ask for a trade, the Bulls are done, Rose is done.
    Noah is delusional thinking Chicago can or will compete for a chip.
    Love his loyalty & commitment, but the competing Bulls are not happening.

13. onlyavoice - Mar 2, 2014 at 3:52 PM

LMAO at Bulls fans talking Memo siding with the fragile Glass Man Rose.
    Memo is not Delusional.

14. unfrozencavemanlawyer2 - Mar 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Well- I once averaged 10 goals per game against the mighty mites hockey leage. But, even I (aka- the Greatest One) eschew such mundane and debaucherous displays of emotion. I also had to walk two miles to school each day- uphill, and in the snow.

Those darn kids with their hip rock and roll music!! Get off my lawn!!

15. jnoah13 - Mar 2, 2014 at 6:02 PM

When I was a child, I never chest bumped or even fist bumped a single teammate. Even though I was delusional and pretended to score 8 goals a game while I sat on the bench, I knew I was above this nonsense show of emotion because in my mind I was better than all the other children.

-trevor123698, 2010

(read in morgan freemans voice for full effect)

• irvfin3 - Mar 2, 2014 at 8:10 PM

Lmfao this made my day

• 00maltliquor - Mar 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Naiiiled iiit!!

LOL…that was a good read

16. azarkhan - Mar 2, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Love Joakim Noah. Team oriented, works his ass off, brings it every night.

17. campcouch - Mar 5, 2014 at 1:40 AM

maybe Snell didn’t want to rub up on a sweaty dude

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches