Feb 28, 2014, 1:04 AM EDT
This is why you buy NBA League-pass, so that while everyone else is stuck watching masked LeBron James beating up on the hapless Knicks, you can flip over and watch Washington’s John Wall do this to Toronto’s Kyle Lowry to force a second overtime.
There would go on to be three overtimes in what was easily the best game of the night, a 134-129 Washington win over Toronto. It was the kind of game that left you hoping that these two teams meet in the first round of the playoffs because it would be thrilling.
The Wizards thought they had won the game as time expired in the second overtime when Bradley Beal drove the lane, but the shot was waived off as after the buzzer (which was the correct call).
John Wall and Marcin Gortat led the Wizards, each with 31 points. Gortat had five of those in the third overtime when Washington pulled away for the win, but Wall did give us this.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9