Feb 28, 2014, 1:04 AM EDT
This is why you buy NBA League-pass, so that while everyone else is stuck watching masked LeBron James beating up on the hapless Knicks, you can flip over and watch Washington’s John Wall do this to Toronto’s Kyle Lowry to force a second overtime.
There would go on to be three overtimes in what was easily the best game of the night, a 134-129 Washington win over Toronto. It was the kind of game that left you hoping that these two teams meet in the first round of the playoffs because it would be thrilling.
The Wizards thought they had won the game as time expired in the second overtime when Bradley Beal drove the lane, but the shot was waived off as after the buzzer (which was the correct call).
John Wall and Marcin Gortat led the Wizards, each with 31 points. Gortat had five of those in the third overtime when Washington pulled away for the win, but Wall did give us this.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 18
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 76
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 9
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36