Feb 28, 2014, 1:04 AM EDT
This is why you buy NBA League-pass, so that while everyone else is stuck watching masked LeBron James beating up on the hapless Knicks, you can flip over and watch Washington’s John Wall do this to Toronto’s Kyle Lowry to force a second overtime.
There would go on to be three overtimes in what was easily the best game of the night, a 134-129 Washington win over Toronto. It was the kind of game that left you hoping that these two teams meet in the first round of the playoffs because it would be thrilling.
The Wizards thought they had won the game as time expired in the second overtime when Bradley Beal drove the lane, but the shot was waived off as after the buzzer (which was the correct call).
John Wall and Marcin Gortat led the Wizards, each with 31 points. Gortat had five of those in the third overtime when Washington pulled away for the win, but Wall did give us this.
- Hawks cruise to underwhelming Game 1 win over Nets 5
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 17
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10