Feb 28, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
And it will stay at that number — Smith had knee surgery and is done for the season, as reported by the Houston Chronicle.
Smith has been battling knee issues all season – the Rockets called it a sprain but clearly it was a little more than that — and that is what sidelined Smith for much of the time the Rockets could have used him. Now with Asik back in the rotation Smith wasn’t going to get on the court much even if he was healthy. So he went under the knife.
If Smith is back with the Rockets next season is up to them, they have a team option on him for $1.1 million.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36