Feb 28, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
And it will stay at that number — Smith had knee surgery and is done for the season, as reported by the Houston Chronicle.
Smith has been battling knee issues all season – the Rockets called it a sprain but clearly it was a little more than that — and that is what sidelined Smith for much of the time the Rockets could have used him. Now with Asik back in the rotation Smith wasn’t going to get on the court much even if he was healthy. So he went under the knife.
If Smith is back with the Rockets next season is up to them, they have a team option on him for $1.1 million.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3