Feb 28, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
And it will stay at that number — Smith had knee surgery and is done for the season, as reported by the Houston Chronicle.
Smith has been battling knee issues all season – the Rockets called it a sprain but clearly it was a little more than that — and that is what sidelined Smith for much of the time the Rockets could have used him. Now with Asik back in the rotation Smith wasn’t going to get on the court much even if he was healthy. So he went under the knife.
If Smith is back with the Rockets next season is up to them, they have a team option on him for $1.1 million.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31