Feb 28, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
And it will stay at that number — Smith had knee surgery and is done for the season, as reported by the Houston Chronicle.
Smith has been battling knee issues all season – the Rockets called it a sprain but clearly it was a little more than that — and that is what sidelined Smith for much of the time the Rockets could have used him. Now with Asik back in the rotation Smith wasn’t going to get on the court much even if he was healthy. So he went under the knife.
If Smith is back with the Rockets next season is up to them, they have a team option on him for $1.1 million.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2