Feb 28, 2014, 4:08 PM EST
And it will stay at that number — Smith had knee surgery and is done for the season, as reported by the Houston Chronicle.
Smith has been battling knee issues all season – the Rockets called it a sprain but clearly it was a little more than that — and that is what sidelined Smith for much of the time the Rockets could have used him. Now with Asik back in the rotation Smith wasn’t going to get on the court much even if he was healthy. So he went under the knife.
If Smith is back with the Rockets next season is up to them, they have a team option on him for $1.1 million.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17