Feb 27, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Jimmer Fredette can shoot the ball. The Chicago Bulls could use some guys to bring them points.
It looks like the two sides will get together.
Fredette was officially bought out by the Kings and waived on Thursday. When he clears waivers this weekend it looks like he is heading to the Windy City. First, there is this from NBA.com’s (and TNT’s) David Aldridge.
If Fredette clears waivers as expected Saturday, the Bulls are hopeful to sign him to a prorated portion of the veteran’s minimum.
Fredette is shooting 49.3 percent from three this season and knocks down 55.9 percent of his shots on catch-and-shoots. As a floor spacer working off the ball he does well. He also is a serious defensive liability but the Bulls have the players and system to cover that a little. Also, Fredette is not good at creating his own shot, but if he plays in the system, works off the ball and just shoots the rock he’s going to look good in Chicago. And get himself a better payday next season.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 17
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 29
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23