Feb 27, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Jimmer Fredette can shoot the ball. The Chicago Bulls could use some guys to bring them points.
It looks like the two sides will get together.
Fredette was officially bought out by the Kings and waived on Thursday. When he clears waivers this weekend it looks like he is heading to the Windy City. First, there is this from NBA.com’s (and TNT’s) David Aldridge.
If Fredette clears waivers as expected Saturday, the Bulls are hopeful to sign him to a prorated portion of the veteran’s minimum.
Fredette is shooting 49.3 percent from three this season and knocks down 55.9 percent of his shots on catch-and-shoots. As a floor spacer working off the ball he does well. He also is a serious defensive liability but the Bulls have the players and system to cover that a little. Also, Fredette is not good at creating his own shot, but if he plays in the system, works off the ball and just shoots the rock he’s going to look good in Chicago. And get himself a better payday next season.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 20
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16