Feb 27, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Jimmer Fredette can shoot the ball. The Chicago Bulls could use some guys to bring them points.
It looks like the two sides will get together.
Fredette was officially bought out by the Kings and waived on Thursday. When he clears waivers this weekend it looks like he is heading to the Windy City. First, there is this from NBA.com’s (and TNT’s) David Aldridge.
If Fredette clears waivers as expected Saturday, the Bulls are hopeful to sign him to a prorated portion of the veteran’s minimum.
Fredette is shooting 49.3 percent from three this season and knocks down 55.9 percent of his shots on catch-and-shoots. As a floor spacer working off the ball he does well. He also is a serious defensive liability but the Bulls have the players and system to cover that a little. Also, Fredette is not good at creating his own shot, but if he plays in the system, works off the ball and just shoots the rock he’s going to look good in Chicago. And get himself a better payday next season.
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 1
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 23