Feb 27, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Jimmer Fredette can shoot the ball. The Chicago Bulls could use some guys to bring them points.
It looks like the two sides will get together.
Fredette was officially bought out by the Kings and waived on Thursday. When he clears waivers this weekend it looks like he is heading to the Windy City. First, there is this from NBA.com’s (and TNT’s) David Aldridge.
If Fredette clears waivers as expected Saturday, the Bulls are hopeful to sign him to a prorated portion of the veteran’s minimum.
Fredette is shooting 49.3 percent from three this season and knocks down 55.9 percent of his shots on catch-and-shoots. As a floor spacer working off the ball he does well. He also is a serious defensive liability but the Bulls have the players and system to cover that a little. Also, Fredette is not good at creating his own shot, but if he plays in the system, works off the ball and just shoots the rock he’s going to look good in Chicago. And get himself a better payday next season.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8