Feb 27, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Jimmer Fredette can shoot the ball. The Chicago Bulls could use some guys to bring them points.
It looks like the two sides will get together.
Fredette was officially bought out by the Kings and waived on Thursday. When he clears waivers this weekend it looks like he is heading to the Windy City. First, there is this from NBA.com’s (and TNT’s) David Aldridge.
If Fredette clears waivers as expected Saturday, the Bulls are hopeful to sign him to a prorated portion of the veteran’s minimum.
Fredette is shooting 49.3 percent from three this season and knocks down 55.9 percent of his shots on catch-and-shoots. As a floor spacer working off the ball he does well. He also is a serious defensive liability but the Bulls have the players and system to cover that a little. Also, Fredette is not good at creating his own shot, but if he plays in the system, works off the ball and just shoots the rock he’s going to look good in Chicago. And get himself a better payday next season.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49