Feb 27, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
This is not a surprise, and coaches always tend to cover their bases when speaking to media, but it looks like LeBron James is a go against the Knicks wearing a mask to protect his broken nose.
LeBron suffered a broken nose when hit by Serge Ibaka on a drive late in the game against Oklahoma City. LeBron finished the drive with a basket (and no foul was called) but had to leave the game. He sat out the Heat’s game Sunday against Chicago because of it.
LeBron played for part of a season in Cleveland with a mask and his numbers pretty much paralleled his regular season stats (if anything they were slightly better).
Getting used to the mask against the Knicks “defense” seems a good way to break in slowly.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 0
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 10
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 54
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14