Feb 27, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
This is not a surprise, and coaches always tend to cover their bases when speaking to media, but it looks like LeBron James is a go against the Knicks wearing a mask to protect his broken nose.
LeBron suffered a broken nose when hit by Serge Ibaka on a drive late in the game against Oklahoma City. LeBron finished the drive with a basket (and no foul was called) but had to leave the game. He sat out the Heat’s game Sunday against Chicago because of it.
LeBron played for part of a season in Cleveland with a mask and his numbers pretty much paralleled his regular season stats (if anything they were slightly better).
Getting used to the mask against the Knicks “defense” seems a good way to break in slowly.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 4
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 24
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36