Feb 27, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
This is not a surprise, and coaches always tend to cover their bases when speaking to media, but it looks like LeBron James is a go against the Knicks wearing a mask to protect his broken nose.
LeBron suffered a broken nose when hit by Serge Ibaka on a drive late in the game against Oklahoma City. LeBron finished the drive with a basket (and no foul was called) but had to leave the game. He sat out the Heat’s game Sunday against Chicago because of it.
LeBron played for part of a season in Cleveland with a mask and his numbers pretty much paralleled his regular season stats (if anything they were slightly better).
Getting used to the mask against the Knicks “defense” seems a good way to break in slowly.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 14
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 2
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 54
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6