Feb 27, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
This is not a surprise, and coaches always tend to cover their bases when speaking to media, but it looks like LeBron James is a go against the Knicks wearing a mask to protect his broken nose.
LeBron suffered a broken nose when hit by Serge Ibaka on a drive late in the game against Oklahoma City. LeBron finished the drive with a basket (and no foul was called) but had to leave the game. He sat out the Heat’s game Sunday against Chicago because of it.
LeBron played for part of a season in Cleveland with a mask and his numbers pretty much paralleled his regular season stats (if anything they were slightly better).
Getting used to the mask against the Knicks “defense” seems a good way to break in slowly.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 9
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31