Feb 27, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
You just have to watch the video. With less than a minute to go in the first half Ginobili is in good defensive position sliding and trying to keep Rodney Stuckey from getting to the rim, and when Stuckey pulls up (and slips) Ginobili tries to plant his left foot — and his foot just goes right through the sole of the shoe, separating it. It’s wild.
To answer your question, we don’t know exactly what shoes Ginobili was wearing. He’s a Nike guy and Pounding the Rock suggests it is a Nike Air Max Closer IV or Nike Zoom Hyperfuse. I’ll take their word for it.
Either way that is maybe one of the stranger things I have ever seen on a court.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3