Feb 27, 2014, 12:15 AM EST
You just have to watch the video. With less than a minute to go in the first half Ginobili is in good defensive position sliding and trying to keep Rodney Stuckey from getting to the rim, and when Stuckey pulls up (and slips) Ginobili tries to plant his left foot — and his foot just goes right through the sole of the shoe, separating it. It’s wild.
To answer your question, we don’t know exactly what shoes Ginobili was wearing. He’s a Nike guy and Pounding the Rock suggests it is a Nike Air Max Closer IV or Nike Zoom Hyperfuse. I’ll take their word for it.
Either way that is maybe one of the stranger things I have ever seen on a court.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13