Feb 27, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Is anyone in the NBA having more fun than Dwight Howard?
He’s impersonating Kevin McHale, Instagramming a photo of himself dunking on Kobe Bryant, chanting ‘Howard Sucks’ to mock Lakers fans and giving free-agent advice as if he knows what he’s talking about. On the court, he’s playing better and playing for a better team than he has in years. Oh, and he’s making more than $20 million.
It must be pretty good to be Dwight right now.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Howard isn’t even going to a little kid in Sacramento step on his toes. In the following video, Howard:
- Crosses over the kid for a layup
- Pretends to steal a checked pass (total tool move)
- Pressures the kid into a missed fadeaway layup
- Gives the ball back to the kid (making him even after the fake steal on the check pass)
- Blocks the kids shot from behind
Don’t worry. The kid gets sweet, sweet revenge:
Is anyone in the NBA having more fun than Dwight Howard? Maybe not, but only because that kid isn’t in the NBA.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 60
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89