Feb 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
It doesn’t look that severe or harsh as it happens, but New Orleans’ face-of-the-franchise young big man Anthony Davis sprained his left shoulder with 4:13 left in the first half of the Pelicans loss Wednesday night to Dallas.
He did not return for the second half. The team described it as a sprain. He was going for a rebound against Samuel Dalembert when it happened and while the video doesn’t show anything dramatic it clearly was enough to injure Davis.
How severely? Nobody is sure yet.
Hopefully it is nothing serious but you can bet the Pelicans will be very cautious here — Anthony is the future, a No. 1 level star that is a franchise cornerstone for years to come and there is nothing left to play for this season.
(Hat tip to Eye on Basketball for finding video)
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 4
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 34
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 11
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 17
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33