Feb 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
It doesn’t look that severe or harsh as it happens, but New Orleans’ face-of-the-franchise young big man Anthony Davis sprained his left shoulder with 4:13 left in the first half of the Pelicans loss Wednesday night to Dallas.
He did not return for the second half. The team described it as a sprain. He was going for a rebound against Samuel Dalembert when it happened and while the video doesn’t show anything dramatic it clearly was enough to injure Davis.
How severely? Nobody is sure yet.
Hopefully it is nothing serious but you can bet the Pelicans will be very cautious here — Anthony is the future, a No. 1 level star that is a franchise cornerstone for years to come and there is nothing left to play for this season.
(Hat tip to Eye on Basketball for finding video)
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 0
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 4
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17