Feb 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
It doesn’t look that severe or harsh as it happens, but New Orleans’ face-of-the-franchise young big man Anthony Davis sprained his left shoulder with 4:13 left in the first half of the Pelicans loss Wednesday night to Dallas.
He did not return for the second half. The team described it as a sprain. He was going for a rebound against Samuel Dalembert when it happened and while the video doesn’t show anything dramatic it clearly was enough to injure Davis.
How severely? Nobody is sure yet.
Hopefully it is nothing serious but you can bet the Pelicans will be very cautious here — Anthony is the future, a No. 1 level star that is a franchise cornerstone for years to come and there is nothing left to play for this season.
(Hat tip to Eye on Basketball for finding video)
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4