Feb 26, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
It doesn’t look that severe or harsh as it happens, but New Orleans’ face-of-the-franchise young big man Anthony Davis sprained his left shoulder with 4:13 left in the first half of the Pelicans loss Wednesday night to Dallas.
He did not return for the second half. The team described it as a sprain. He was going for a rebound against Samuel Dalembert when it happened and while the video doesn’t show anything dramatic it clearly was enough to injure Davis.
How severely? Nobody is sure yet.
Hopefully it is nothing serious but you can bet the Pelicans will be very cautious here — Anthony is the future, a No. 1 level star that is a franchise cornerstone for years to come and there is nothing left to play for this season.
(Hat tip to Eye on Basketball for finding video)
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 22
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4