PBT Extra: Does Evan Turner solidify Pacers atop East? Rockets tops out West?

Feb 26, 2014, 4:41 PM EDT

After a few weeks mid-season hiatus — which is what Chris Paul and LeBron James really want for the All-Star break — PBT Extra is back with the incomparable Kay Adams at the helm.

Today she and I start off talking about what Evan Turner can mean to the Pacers — as long as he keeps playing in the system as he did in his Pacers debut (6-of-12 for 13 points off the bench) he is an upgrade over Danny Granger and makes the Pacers better.

Then we talk Houston: They have won 10-of-11 and are now the three seed out West, but are they really a threat to keep climbing. Also out West, who is going to miss out on the playoffs. Minnesota, for one.

1. rushbacker - Feb 26, 2014 at 4:54 PM

I hope Kay doesn’t ask you about your business!

2. JT - Feb 26, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Evan to the pacers make them the front runners IMO

3. ddogdaddy - Feb 27, 2014 at 12:31 AM

After 1 game I am not ready to say E.T. is the be all to end all but I will say that I like what I saw. An athletic player who can create his own shot and works hard. He reminds me a bit of Lance Stephenson, a guy who many thought would not make it through his first contract let alone a second one. Now under Larry Bird and Rich Vogel, he has become an “all star” type player. I hope it works out the same for Turner and the Pacers are able to keep him and develop him so not only will he be a help this year, but many more as well.

4. kavika6 - Feb 27, 2014 at 4:12 AM

Rockets better than the Spurs and Thunder? What are you smoking?

5. ddogdaddy - Feb 27, 2014 at 7:28 AM

A big sorry to Frank Vogel for calling you Rich Vogel.

6. pbtunpaidwriter - Feb 28, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Damn Kay looks like she aged 10 years in the past month…

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches