Feb 26, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Lance Stephenson isn’t simply being crass here in posting a photo of himself with a million dollars in cold, hard cash.
The money was on the table as part of a league-sponsored meeting with players explaining the importance of managing one’s finances.
Once practice concluded and the players completed their media obligations, they gathered in the team’s film room back in the locker room at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. There, they sat through a mandatory league meeting centered on financial education.
Managing their money is important and can’t be stressed enough. The players were instructed to always know where their money is going, and shown why hiring a business manager can be a huge help. Audits, what they are and what is needed, were also discussed.
Nothing wrong with taking the photo here under these circumstances, as I can imagine many of us would have done the same.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90