Feb 26, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Lance Stephenson isn’t simply being crass here in posting a photo of himself with a million dollars in cold, hard cash.
The money was on the table as part of a league-sponsored meeting with players explaining the importance of managing one’s finances.
Once practice concluded and the players completed their media obligations, they gathered in the team’s film room back in the locker room at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. There, they sat through a mandatory league meeting centered on financial education.
Managing their money is important and can’t be stressed enough. The players were instructed to always know where their money is going, and shown why hiring a business manager can be a huge help. Audits, what they are and what is needed, were also discussed.
Nothing wrong with taking the photo here under these circumstances, as I can imagine many of us would have done the same.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6