Feb 26, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Lance Stephenson isn’t simply being crass here in posting a photo of himself with a million dollars in cold, hard cash.
The money was on the table as part of a league-sponsored meeting with players explaining the importance of managing one’s finances.
Once practice concluded and the players completed their media obligations, they gathered in the team’s film room back in the locker room at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. There, they sat through a mandatory league meeting centered on financial education.
Managing their money is important and can’t be stressed enough. The players were instructed to always know where their money is going, and shown why hiring a business manager can be a huge help. Audits, what they are and what is needed, were also discussed.
Nothing wrong with taking the photo here under these circumstances, as I can imagine many of us would have done the same.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 27
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 4
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6