Feb 26, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Always wanted to be the WWE Heavyweight World Champion so today I surprised my teammates with their own for their collection. And by the way it’s a Great time to be a @WWE fan with the launch of#WWENetwork #LoveMyTeammates#WWEStandOutAsAKid #StriveForGreatness
LeBron James is a big wrestling fan. Not Greco-Roman but the off-the-top-turnbuckle WWE style. And if you’re a WWE fan you want a championship belt — and if you’re LeBron you have the money to buy all your teammates personalized WWE title belts. Because of course you do. Ray Allen‘s is personalized to Jesus Shuttlesworth. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Birdman Chris Andersen had one at home already.
It should be noted Rasheed Wallace did this with the Pistons back in the day.
LeBron’s fascination started back during football season Eagles running back LeSean McCoy did a post-game interview wearing a WWE-style championship belt and tweeted out that he wanted one.
Of course, because he’s LeBron James he got a response from The Rock.
And all that led to this, LeBron buying belts for his teammates.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1