Feb 26, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Always wanted to be the WWE Heavyweight World Champion so today I surprised my teammates with their own for their collection. And by the way it’s a Great time to be a @WWE fan with the launch of#WWENetwork #LoveMyTeammates#WWEStandOutAsAKid #StriveForGreatness
LeBron James is a big wrestling fan. Not Greco-Roman but the off-the-top-turnbuckle WWE style. And if you’re a WWE fan you want a championship belt — and if you’re LeBron you have the money to buy all your teammates personalized WWE title belts. Because of course you do. Ray Allen‘s is personalized to Jesus Shuttlesworth. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Birdman Chris Andersen had one at home already.
It should be noted Rasheed Wallace did this with the Pistons back in the day.
LeBron’s fascination started back during football season Eagles running back LeSean McCoy did a post-game interview wearing a WWE-style championship belt and tweeted out that he wanted one.
Of course, because he’s LeBron James he got a response from The Rock.
And all that led to this, LeBron buying belts for his teammates.
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 6
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 16
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25