Feb 26, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Always wanted to be the WWE Heavyweight World Champion so today I surprised my teammates with their own for their collection. And by the way it’s a Great time to be a @WWE fan with the launch of#WWENetwork #LoveMyTeammates#WWEStandOutAsAKid #StriveForGreatness
LeBron James is a big wrestling fan. Not Greco-Roman but the off-the-top-turnbuckle WWE style. And if you’re a WWE fan you want a championship belt — and if you’re LeBron you have the money to buy all your teammates personalized WWE title belts. Because of course you do. Ray Allen‘s is personalized to Jesus Shuttlesworth. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Birdman Chris Andersen had one at home already.
It should be noted Rasheed Wallace did this with the Pistons back in the day.
LeBron’s fascination started back during football season Eagles running back LeSean McCoy did a post-game interview wearing a WWE-style championship belt and tweeted out that he wanted one.
Of course, because he’s LeBron James he got a response from The Rock.
And all that led to this, LeBron buying belts for his teammates.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 9
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4