Feb 26, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Always wanted to be the WWE Heavyweight World Champion so today I surprised my teammates with their own for their collection. And by the way it’s a Great time to be a @WWE fan with the launch of#WWENetwork #LoveMyTeammates#WWEStandOutAsAKid #StriveForGreatness
LeBron James is a big wrestling fan. Not Greco-Roman but the off-the-top-turnbuckle WWE style. And if you’re a WWE fan you want a championship belt — and if you’re LeBron you have the money to buy all your teammates personalized WWE title belts. Because of course you do. Ray Allen‘s is personalized to Jesus Shuttlesworth. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Birdman Chris Andersen had one at home already.
It should be noted Rasheed Wallace did this with the Pistons back in the day.
LeBron’s fascination started back during football season Eagles running back LeSean McCoy did a post-game interview wearing a WWE-style championship belt and tweeted out that he wanted one.
Of course, because he’s LeBron James he got a response from The Rock.
And all that led to this, LeBron buying belts for his teammates.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18