Feb 26, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
It was a frustrating night for DeMarcus Cousins and the Kings — from the opening tip the Houston Rockets petty much did whatever they wanted. Houston led by 25 in the first quarter and never looked back — and in the third quarter that frustration bubbled over.
Cousins had just gotten called for a foul on Dwight Howard — Howard missed an alley-oop dunk and Cousins was called for the foul although there wasn’t much contact — and that set him off. He can’t let things go and that came through again. While his coach Mike Malone tried to make Cousins’ case more rationally to referee Courtney Kirkland the center jumped in, started yelling and had to be restrained. That got him a second technical and sent to the showers.
After the game Cousins apologized on twitter.
We’ll see if that keeps this at just a fine or if Cousins gets a suspension.
That was technical number 15 for Cousins this season, the next one triggers and automatic one-game suspension. This was the first ejection this season for Cousins (that happened four times last year).
James Harden had 22 of his 43 on the night in the first quarter as the Rockets raced out to a 25 points lead and cruised the rest of the way to a 129-103 win.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 7
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 46
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33