Feb 25, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
The PBT Podcast has returned and of course we are going to talk about the biggest NBA story this week — Jason Collins signed a 10-day contract to play for the Brooklyn Nets, making him the first openly gay player in any of America’s big four major sports.
To shed a little more light on what that is like for Jason, we bring in his twin brother and former NBA player Jarron Collins.
After that, Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio and myself take on topics such as how bad the Knicks are on the court — to be six games out of the playoffs in the East and $17 million over the luxury tax line is a truly difficult double to pull off (this was taped just hours before Raymond Felton’s arrest so we don’t even get into that mess, which just adds to the New York fun). Then we move on to talk about the other train wreck in the East, the Philadelphia 76ers, and how Adam Silver doesn’t define this as tanking but the rest of us do. Finally, the discussion moves on to Evan Turner and what he could bring to Indiana.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 9
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 17
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36