Feb 25, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
The PBT Podcast has returned and of course we are going to talk about the biggest NBA story this week — Jason Collins signed a 10-day contract to play for the Brooklyn Nets, making him the first openly gay player in any of America’s big four major sports.
To shed a little more light on what that is like for Jason, we bring in his twin brother and former NBA player Jarron Collins.
After that, Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio and myself take on topics such as how bad the Knicks are on the court — to be six games out of the playoffs in the East and $17 million over the luxury tax line is a truly difficult double to pull off (this was taped just hours before Raymond Felton’s arrest so we don’t even get into that mess, which just adds to the New York fun). Then we move on to talk about the other train wreck in the East, the Philadelphia 76ers, and how Adam Silver doesn’t define this as tanking but the rest of us do. Finally, the discussion moves on to Evan Turner and what he could bring to Indiana.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10