Feb 25, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
The PBT Podcast has returned and of course we are going to talk about the biggest NBA story this week — Jason Collins signed a 10-day contract to play for the Brooklyn Nets, making him the first openly gay player in any of America’s big four major sports.
To shed a little more light on what that is like for Jason, we bring in his twin brother and former NBA player Jarron Collins.
After that, Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio and myself take on topics such as how bad the Knicks are on the court — to be six games out of the playoffs in the East and $17 million over the luxury tax line is a truly difficult double to pull off (this was taped just hours before Raymond Felton’s arrest so we don’t even get into that mess, which just adds to the New York fun). Then we move on to talk about the other train wreck in the East, the Philadelphia 76ers, and how Adam Silver doesn’t define this as tanking but the rest of us do. Finally, the discussion moves on to Evan Turner and what he could bring to Indiana.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 8
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3