Feb 25, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
The PBT Podcast has returned and of course we are going to talk about the biggest NBA story this week — Jason Collins signed a 10-day contract to play for the Brooklyn Nets, making him the first openly gay player in any of America’s big four major sports.
To shed a little more light on what that is like for Jason, we bring in his twin brother and former NBA player Jarron Collins.
After that, Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio and myself take on topics such as how bad the Knicks are on the court — to be six games out of the playoffs in the East and $17 million over the luxury tax line is a truly difficult double to pull off (this was taped just hours before Raymond Felton’s arrest so we don’t even get into that mess, which just adds to the New York fun). Then we move on to talk about the other train wreck in the East, the Philadelphia 76ers, and how Adam Silver doesn’t define this as tanking but the rest of us do. Finally, the discussion moves on to Evan Turner and what he could bring to Indiana.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15