Feb 25, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
The PBT Podcast has returned and of course we are going to talk about the biggest NBA story this week — Jason Collins signed a 10-day contract to play for the Brooklyn Nets, making him the first openly gay player in any of America’s big four major sports.
To shed a little more light on what that is like for Jason, we bring in his twin brother and former NBA player Jarron Collins.
After that, Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio and myself take on topics such as how bad the Knicks are on the court — to be six games out of the playoffs in the East and $17 million over the luxury tax line is a truly difficult double to pull off (this was taped just hours before Raymond Felton’s arrest so we don’t even get into that mess, which just adds to the New York fun). Then we move on to talk about the other train wreck in the East, the Philadelphia 76ers, and how Adam Silver doesn’t define this as tanking but the rest of us do. Finally, the discussion moves on to Evan Turner and what he could bring to Indiana.
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 0
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 11
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48