Feb 25, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
The Lakers have a tough two game road trip — Indiana and Memphis — and now they have to do it without their second leading scorer and a primary shot creator.
Don’t be shocked if Swaggy P is out a little longer — he is expected to opt out and be a free agent this summer and nagging injuries do not help you get larger contracts.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
No Young means the Lakers will be without his 16.8 points a game against two of the league’s best defenses. More than just the points, he is a guy who creates shots on a team lacking guys who can do that in the half court. Those are not always well advised shots, but at least he can get them off.
Without Young expect to see a lot of Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks. The Lakers plan in both games on this road trip is to run and not let these two teams get their defense set. Problem is, that requires getting defensive stops, something that has really has not been the Lakers’ forte this year (to put it kindly).
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 27
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25