Feb 25, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
The Lakers have a tough two game road trip — Indiana and Memphis — and now they have to do it without their second leading scorer and a primary shot creator.
Don’t be shocked if Swaggy P is out a little longer — he is expected to opt out and be a free agent this summer and nagging injuries do not help you get larger contracts.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
No Young means the Lakers will be without his 16.8 points a game against two of the league’s best defenses. More than just the points, he is a guy who creates shots on a team lacking guys who can do that in the half court. Those are not always well advised shots, but at least he can get them off.
Without Young expect to see a lot of Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks. The Lakers plan in both games on this road trip is to run and not let these two teams get their defense set. Problem is, that requires getting defensive stops, something that has really has not been the Lakers’ forte this year (to put it kindly).
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 22
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20