Feb 25, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
The Lakers have a tough two game road trip — Indiana and Memphis — and now they have to do it without their second leading scorer and a primary shot creator.
Don’t be shocked if Swaggy P is out a little longer — he is expected to opt out and be a free agent this summer and nagging injuries do not help you get larger contracts.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $80,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
No Young means the Lakers will be without his 16.8 points a game against two of the league’s best defenses. More than just the points, he is a guy who creates shots on a team lacking guys who can do that in the half court. Those are not always well advised shots, but at least he can get them off.
Without Young expect to see a lot of Kent Bazemore and MarShon Brooks. The Lakers plan in both games on this road trip is to run and not let these two teams get their defense set. Problem is, that requires getting defensive stops, something that has really has not been the Lakers’ forte this year (to put it kindly).
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 38
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 14
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 29
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64