Feb 25, 2014, 4:08 AM EDT
Knicks point guard Raymond Felton was arrested late Monday night on three separate weapons charges after he allegedly pointed a gun at a woman, something first reported by multiple New York media outlets and confirmed to PBT by the NYPD .
Felton is expected to appear in court Tuesday.
New York has some of the strictest gun possession laws in the nation. Police wanted to speak to Felton following the Knicks’ loss Monday night to the Mavericks and he turned himself in at the 20th Precinct Station on the West Side, according to a police spokesperson. The New York Post, has a good accounting of the incident.
New York Knicks star Raymond Felton was questioned by police Tuesday morning after allegedly pointing a gun at a woman, sources said…
Police said Felton was charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the second, third and fourth-degrees… The woman involved was his girlfriend, sources said.
Felton’s wife of less than two years filed for divorce recently, she was at the police station although police would not say if she was the one who turned in the gun.
There are few other details of the case, including where it happened.
Felton is in the second year of a three-year, $10 million contract. His game has regressed this season, averaging 10.5 points, 6 assists and 3 rebounds a game while shooting just 28 percent from three (all his lowest numbers in years), and with a below average PER of 12.6. The Knicks shopped Felton at the trade deadline but there were no takers.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3