Feb 25, 2014, 4:08 AM EDT
Knicks point guard Raymond Felton was arrested late Monday night on three separate weapons charges after he allegedly pointed a gun at a woman, something first reported by multiple New York media outlets and confirmed to PBT by the NYPD .
Felton is expected to appear in court Tuesday.
New York has some of the strictest gun possession laws in the nation. Police wanted to speak to Felton following the Knicks’ loss Monday night to the Mavericks and he turned himself in at the 20th Precinct Station on the West Side, according to a police spokesperson. The New York Post, has a good accounting of the incident.
New York Knicks star Raymond Felton was questioned by police Tuesday morning after allegedly pointing a gun at a woman, sources said…
Police said Felton was charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the second, third and fourth-degrees… The woman involved was his girlfriend, sources said.
Felton’s wife of less than two years filed for divorce recently, she was at the police station although police would not say if she was the one who turned in the gun.
There are few other details of the case, including where it happened.
Felton is in the second year of a three-year, $10 million contract. His game has regressed this season, averaging 10.5 points, 6 assists and 3 rebounds a game while shooting just 28 percent from three (all his lowest numbers in years), and with a below average PER of 12.6. The Knicks shopped Felton at the trade deadline but there were no takers.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8