Feb 24, 2014, 3:19 PM EDT
Tom Thibodeau is a very good basketball coach. Tom Thibodeau has had his run-ins and disagreements with Chicago Bulls management over the years, including concerns recently about the Luol Deng trade. Other teams are known to covet Thibodeau as a coach. The New York Knicks are said to be one of those teams. What the Knicks want…
Thibodeau himself is not playing this game.
Thibodeau can’t control rumors — save for the one he himself tried to start about him dating Kate Upton — all he can do is shoot them down. Which he did again tweets David Haugh of the Chicago Tribune on 87.7 FM The Game.
“Yeah, I’m under contract. Now, I don’t have complete control over that. They could come in and tell me they don’t want me, but I’m under contract,” Thibodeau said. “I’ve enjoyed being here. I’m planning on being here, but you never know.”
Well, maybe the end of this keeps the door cracked a little.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
But for all the problems Thibodeau has with Bulls management, could he possibly look at the Knicks management, Knicks roster and Knicks cap situation and really think that grass was greener?
This discussion is not going to go away until after the Knicks hire whomever they get to replace Mike Woodson this summer. Then the talk will die down until at least December.
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 3
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 1
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 23
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 25
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13