Feb 24, 2014, 2:57 PM EST
“I’ve always made the Playoffs in my career and not playing for something was crazy,” Davis said in a released statement. “Being on this team is some fresh energy, knowing that you can help a team win a championship is important. It feels good.”
1:10 pm: If you watched the Clippers beat the Thunder on Sunday, one thing should have been clear about Los Angeles — they need Glen Davis. The drop off from the starting pair of Blake Griffin/DeAndre Jordan to the first big off the bench in Ryan Hollins is pretty much like jumping off Everest.
Glen Davis is a solid NBA big man and that is a huge step up for the Clippers.
It has been known since Sunday Davis planed to sign with the Clippers, Doc Rivers confirmed that Sunday night. Los Angeles could have him Monday night in New Orleans, reports Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
Davis played for Doc Rivers in Boston, he knows the systems. There is not going to be a huge learning curve here.
Davis was averaging 12 points a game in Orlando and his numbers may increase as his minutes increase — he’s going to get a lot of run in Los Angeles. If he plays well he earns himself a nice payday on his next contract as well.
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 0
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 52
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12