Feb 24, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
“I’ve always made the Playoffs in my career and not playing for something was crazy,” Davis said in a released statement. “Being on this team is some fresh energy, knowing that you can help a team win a championship is important. It feels good.”
1:10 pm: If you watched the Clippers beat the Thunder on Sunday, one thing should have been clear about Los Angeles — they need Glen Davis. The drop off from the starting pair of Blake Griffin/DeAndre Jordan to the first big off the bench in Ryan Hollins is pretty much like jumping off Everest.
Glen Davis is a solid NBA big man and that is a huge step up for the Clippers.
It has been known since Sunday Davis planed to sign with the Clippers, Doc Rivers confirmed that Sunday night. Los Angeles could have him Monday night in New Orleans, reports Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
Davis played for Doc Rivers in Boston, he knows the systems. There is not going to be a huge learning curve here.
Davis was averaging 12 points a game in Orlando and his numbers may increase as his minutes increase — he’s going to get a lot of run in Los Angeles. If he plays well he earns himself a nice payday on his next contract as well.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 77
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19