Feb 24, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
“I’ve always made the Playoffs in my career and not playing for something was crazy,” Davis said in a released statement. “Being on this team is some fresh energy, knowing that you can help a team win a championship is important. It feels good.”
1:10 pm: If you watched the Clippers beat the Thunder on Sunday, one thing should have been clear about Los Angeles — they need Glen Davis. The drop off from the starting pair of Blake Griffin/DeAndre Jordan to the first big off the bench in Ryan Hollins is pretty much like jumping off Everest.
Glen Davis is a solid NBA big man and that is a huge step up for the Clippers.
It has been known since Sunday Davis planed to sign with the Clippers, Doc Rivers confirmed that Sunday night. Los Angeles could have him Monday night in New Orleans, reports Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
Davis played for Doc Rivers in Boston, he knows the systems. There is not going to be a huge learning curve here.
Davis was averaging 12 points a game in Orlando and his numbers may increase as his minutes increase — he’s going to get a lot of run in Los Angeles. If he plays well he earns himself a nice payday on his next contract as well.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16