Feb 24, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
“I’ve always made the Playoffs in my career and not playing for something was crazy,” Davis said in a released statement. “Being on this team is some fresh energy, knowing that you can help a team win a championship is important. It feels good.”
1:10 pm: If you watched the Clippers beat the Thunder on Sunday, one thing should have been clear about Los Angeles — they need Glen Davis. The drop off from the starting pair of Blake Griffin/DeAndre Jordan to the first big off the bench in Ryan Hollins is pretty much like jumping off Everest.
Glen Davis is a solid NBA big man and that is a huge step up for the Clippers.
It has been known since Sunday Davis planed to sign with the Clippers, Doc Rivers confirmed that Sunday night. Los Angeles could have him Monday night in New Orleans, reports Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
Davis played for Doc Rivers in Boston, he knows the systems. There is not going to be a huge learning curve here.
Davis was averaging 12 points a game in Orlando and his numbers may increase as his minutes increase — he’s going to get a lot of run in Los Angeles. If he plays well he earns himself a nice payday on his next contract as well.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 4
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 23
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 29
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 34
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17