Feb 24, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
“I’ve always made the Playoffs in my career and not playing for something was crazy,” Davis said in a released statement. “Being on this team is some fresh energy, knowing that you can help a team win a championship is important. It feels good.”
1:10 pm: If you watched the Clippers beat the Thunder on Sunday, one thing should have been clear about Los Angeles — they need Glen Davis. The drop off from the starting pair of Blake Griffin/DeAndre Jordan to the first big off the bench in Ryan Hollins is pretty much like jumping off Everest.
Glen Davis is a solid NBA big man and that is a huge step up for the Clippers.
It has been known since Sunday Davis planed to sign with the Clippers, Doc Rivers confirmed that Sunday night. Los Angeles could have him Monday night in New Orleans, reports Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times.
Glen Davis is in New Orleans, will sign contract today, take physical. Clippers play Pelicans tonight, Davis may suit up for game.—
Brad Turner (@BA_Turner) February 24, 2014
Davis played for Doc Rivers in Boston, he knows the systems. There is not going to be a huge learning curve here.
Davis was averaging 12 points a game in Orlando and his numbers may increase as his minutes increase — he’s going to get a lot of run in Los Angeles. If he plays well he earns himself a nice payday on his next contract as well.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 0
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13