Feb 24, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki may have called bank, but he didn’t call that.
That’s the touch the great shooters get.
Dallas got one last shot to keep their game at Madison Square Garden from going to overtime, it was 108-108 with :10 seconds left. They inbounded to Jose Calderon who got the ball to Nowitzki at the top of the key well defended by Carmelo Anthony. With no good option, Nowitzki went with the turnaround shot that he may be better at than anyone but that was not a quality look.
But it went in. Because the Knicks season didn’t have enough pain.
Nowitzki was a little embarrassed by how that went down but will take it.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 24
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14