Feb 24, 2014, 10:51 PM EST
Dirk Nowitzki may have called bank, but he didn’t call that.
That’s the touch the great shooters get.
Dallas got one last shot to keep their game at Madison Square Garden from going to overtime, it was 108-108 with :10 seconds left. They inbounded to Jose Calderon who got the ball to Nowitzki at the top of the key well defended by Carmelo Anthony. With no good option, Nowitzki went with the turnaround shot that he may be better at than anyone but that was not a quality look.
But it went in. Because the Knicks season didn’t have enough pain.
Nowitzki was a little embarrassed by how that went down but will take it.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 1
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 34
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11