Feb 24, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki may have called bank, but he didn’t call that.
That’s the touch the great shooters get.
Dallas got one last shot to keep their game at Madison Square Garden from going to overtime, it was 108-108 with :10 seconds left. They inbounded to Jose Calderon who got the ball to Nowitzki at the top of the key well defended by Carmelo Anthony. With no good option, Nowitzki went with the turnaround shot that he may be better at than anyone but that was not a quality look.
But it went in. Because the Knicks season didn’t have enough pain.
Nowitzki was a little embarrassed by how that went down but will take it.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29