Feb 24, 2014, 10:51 PM EST
Dirk Nowitzki may have called bank, but he didn’t call that.
That’s the touch the great shooters get.
Dallas got one last shot to keep their game at Madison Square Garden from going to overtime, it was 108-108 with :10 seconds left. They inbounded to Jose Calderon who got the ball to Nowitzki at the top of the key well defended by Carmelo Anthony. With no good option, Nowitzki went with the turnaround shot that he may be better at than anyone but that was not a quality look.
But it went in. Because the Knicks season didn’t have enough pain.
Nowitzki was a little embarrassed by how that went down but will take it.
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 0
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 20
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16