Feb 24, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Dirk Nowitzki may have called bank, but he didn’t call that.
That’s the touch the great shooters get.
Dallas got one last shot to keep their game at Madison Square Garden from going to overtime, it was 108-108 with :10 seconds left. They inbounded to Jose Calderon who got the ball to Nowitzki at the top of the key well defended by Carmelo Anthony. With no good option, Nowitzki went with the turnaround shot that he may be better at than anyone but that was not a quality look.
But it went in. Because the Knicks season didn’t have enough pain.
Nowitzki was a little embarrassed by how that went down but will take it.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15