Feb 24, 2014, 6:47 PM EDT
Philadelphia didn’t trade for the Pacers’ Danny Granger to make them better this season. That’s the opposite of the plan. Philly got some picks for Evan Turner that they wanted and Granger is just another asset — he could be used in a sign and trade this summer to bring in players they actually want. Or more assets
Granger wants to be bought out and to go play for a contender. Philly might be up for that but Granger is going to have to give up a lot or cash for the Sixers to give up an asset.
The two sides are talking and while they are Granger will not suit up for the Sixers Monday night, reports Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com.
“In the next short period of time, maybe even in the next 24 hours and announcement will be made on the direction our situation with Danny Granger will go,” (Sixers coach Brett) Brown said…
“He most definitely wants to play basketball this year,” Brown said. “He is assessing his goals at this stage of his career. He wants to play. I think he is just trying to sort out what is best for both parties and that has yet to be determined.”
The Sixers host Milwaukee Monday night in a battle of the two worst teams in the NBA so far this season. Can’t imagine why Granger wouldn’t want to be part of that.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19