Feb 24, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
This, my friends, is a highlight.
Corey Brewer of the Timberwolves had no idea his breakaway dunk attempt was about to be contested — as you see the play unfold, it seems like Thomas Robinson would simply run by as Brewer elevates, like so many defenders do in similar situations.
Brewer rises as if the dunk will be a foregone conclusion, but Robinson gets there in time to violently punch it out of the air, leading to a transition alley-oop dunk for his teammate.
Robinson was whistled for a technical for being a little over-excited afterward, but after multiple viewings of this play, you can hardly blame him.
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 2
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54