Feb 24, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
This, my friends, is a highlight.
Corey Brewer of the Timberwolves had no idea his breakaway dunk attempt was about to be contested — as you see the play unfold, it seems like Thomas Robinson would simply run by as Brewer elevates, like so many defenders do in similar situations.
Brewer rises as if the dunk will be a foregone conclusion, but Robinson gets there in time to violently punch it out of the air, leading to a transition alley-oop dunk for his teammate.
Robinson was whistled for a technical for being a little over-excited afterward, but after multiple viewings of this play, you can hardly blame him.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 4
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 6
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 39
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5