Feb 24, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
This, my friends, is a highlight.
Corey Brewer of the Timberwolves had no idea his breakaway dunk attempt was about to be contested — as you see the play unfold, it seems like Thomas Robinson would simply run by as Brewer elevates, like so many defenders do in similar situations.
Brewer rises as if the dunk will be a foregone conclusion, but Robinson gets there in time to violently punch it out of the air, leading to a transition alley-oop dunk for his teammate.
Robinson was whistled for a technical for being a little over-excited afterward, but after multiple viewings of this play, you can hardly blame him.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 0
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 2
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6