Feb 24, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
This, my friends, is a highlight.
Corey Brewer of the Timberwolves had no idea his breakaway dunk attempt was about to be contested — as you see the play unfold, it seems like Thomas Robinson would simply run by as Brewer elevates, like so many defenders do in similar situations.
Brewer rises as if the dunk will be a foregone conclusion, but Robinson gets there in time to violently punch it out of the air, leading to a transition alley-oop dunk for his teammate.
Robinson was whistled for a technical for being a little over-excited afterward, but after multiple viewings of this play, you can hardly blame him.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9