Feb 24, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
This, my friends, is a highlight.
Corey Brewer of the Timberwolves had no idea his breakaway dunk attempt was about to be contested — as you see the play unfold, it seems like Thomas Robinson would simply run by as Brewer elevates, like so many defenders do in similar situations.
Brewer rises as if the dunk will be a foregone conclusion, but Robinson gets there in time to violently punch it out of the air, leading to a transition alley-oop dunk for his teammate.
Robinson was whistled for a technical for being a little over-excited afterward, but after multiple viewings of this play, you can hardly blame him.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15