Feb 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Nene rarely comes up during conversations regarding the league’s best big men, but there’s a reason he was signed to a contract that still owes him $13 million per year in each of the next two seasons.
When healthy (which has admittedly been anything but a consistent occurrence), Nene can hang with the best of them. Against the Pelicans and Anthony Davis on Saturday, he finished with a game-high 30 points on 13-of-19 shooting, including this game-winning dunk with three tenths of a second remaining to give the Wizards the victory.
Beautiful play by John Wall, too, to draw multiple defenders and then find the open man instead of forcing the shot at the buzzer.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13