Feb 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Nene rarely comes up during conversations regarding the league’s best big men, but there’s a reason he was signed to a contract that still owes him $13 million per year in each of the next two seasons.
When healthy (which has admittedly been anything but a consistent occurrence), Nene can hang with the best of them. Against the Pelicans and Anthony Davis on Saturday, he finished with a game-high 30 points on 13-of-19 shooting, including this game-winning dunk with three tenths of a second remaining to give the Wizards the victory.
Beautiful play by John Wall, too, to draw multiple defenders and then find the open man instead of forcing the shot at the buzzer.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49