Feb 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Nene rarely comes up during conversations regarding the league’s best big men, but there’s a reason he was signed to a contract that still owes him $13 million per year in each of the next two seasons.
When healthy (which has admittedly been anything but a consistent occurrence), Nene can hang with the best of them. Against the Pelicans and Anthony Davis on Saturday, he finished with a game-high 30 points on 13-of-19 shooting, including this game-winning dunk with three tenths of a second remaining to give the Wizards the victory.
Beautiful play by John Wall, too, to draw multiple defenders and then find the open man instead of forcing the shot at the buzzer.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 17
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 36
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 6
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2