Feb 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Nene rarely comes up during conversations regarding the league’s best big men, but there’s a reason he was signed to a contract that still owes him $13 million per year in each of the next two seasons.
When healthy (which has admittedly been anything but a consistent occurrence), Nene can hang with the best of them. Against the Pelicans and Anthony Davis on Saturday, he finished with a game-high 30 points on 13-of-19 shooting, including this game-winning dunk with three tenths of a second remaining to give the Wizards the victory.
Beautiful play by John Wall, too, to draw multiple defenders and then find the open man instead of forcing the shot at the buzzer.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15