Feb 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Nene rarely comes up during conversations regarding the league’s best big men, but there’s a reason he was signed to a contract that still owes him $13 million per year in each of the next two seasons.
When healthy (which has admittedly been anything but a consistent occurrence), Nene can hang with the best of them. Against the Pelicans and Anthony Davis on Saturday, he finished with a game-high 30 points on 13-of-19 shooting, including this game-winning dunk with three tenths of a second remaining to give the Wizards the victory.
Beautiful play by John Wall, too, to draw multiple defenders and then find the open man instead of forcing the shot at the buzzer.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 3
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30