Feb 21, 2014, 3:09 PM EST
This should not come as a surprise.
Yes, you read that right, Gordon is making north of $13 million this season — more than Stephen Curry or Tony Parker or a host of other vastly superior point guards. You can thank Joe Dumars for that contract (this is the last year of a five-year deal). Gordon last played in a game for Charlotte Jan. 11. Charlotte shopped him around hard at the trade deadline but nobody was interested. Because who was going to take on that salary.
Gordon is a combo guard who in his prime was able to put up points because he had a good handle and a sweet jump shot. However, that shot has deserted him (28.6 percent from three this season). Don’t take my word for it, check out his shot chart for this season.
Without his jumper there isn’t much else. He’s as bad a defender as you can find in the NBA.
Once the buyout goes through it will be interesting to see which, if any, teams talk to Gordon about coming on board.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14