Feb 21, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
This should not come as a surprise.
Yes, you read that right, Gordon is making north of $13 million this season — more than Stephen Curry or Tony Parker or a host of other vastly superior point guards. You can thank Joe Dumars for that contract (this is the last year of a five-year deal). Gordon last played in a game for Charlotte Jan. 11. Charlotte shopped him around hard at the trade deadline but nobody was interested. Because who was going to take on that salary.
Gordon is a combo guard who in his prime was able to put up points because he had a good handle and a sweet jump shot. However, that shot has deserted him (28.6 percent from three this season). Don’t take my word for it, check out his shot chart for this season.
Without his jumper there isn’t much else. He’s as bad a defender as you can find in the NBA.
Once the buyout goes through it will be interesting to see which, if any, teams talk to Gordon about coming on board.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29