Feb 21, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
On a serious note upset day for me losing a big brother and mentor hate to see him leave us.. You helped me so far along the way big bro! Still one of my toughest match ups.. Nothing but love for you geezy!
It’s easy to be cold and objective from a distance to say “Indiana made the right move trading Danny Granger for Evan Turner” (and they did) but up close in the locker room it is a tangle of emotions and difficult realties. Granger has played for no other team but the Pacers, he has roots there, and to just rip those roots up is going to cause some pain.
Paul George feels some of that pain and put the above out on Instagram.
“It’s a day of mixed emotions,” said a source close to Granger. “He’s obviously excited for the next chapter of his career and showing the league how ready he is. But at the same time, this organization has been very important to him for years and he’s made a ton of friends and so obviously saying bye to those close friends and teammates and others within the organization is going to be tough for he and his wife (Dionna).”
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15