Feb 21, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
On a serious note upset day for me losing a big brother and mentor hate to see him leave us.. You helped me so far along the way big bro! Still one of my toughest match ups.. Nothing but love for you geezy!
It’s easy to be cold and objective from a distance to say “Indiana made the right move trading Danny Granger for Evan Turner” (and they did) but up close in the locker room it is a tangle of emotions and difficult realties. Granger has played for no other team but the Pacers, he has roots there, and to just rip those roots up is going to cause some pain.
Paul George feels some of that pain and put the above out on Instagram.
“It’s a day of mixed emotions,” said a source close to Granger. “He’s obviously excited for the next chapter of his career and showing the league how ready he is. But at the same time, this organization has been very important to him for years and he’s made a ton of friends and so obviously saying bye to those close friends and teammates and others within the organization is going to be tough for he and his wife (Dionna).”
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16