Feb 21, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Wednesday night, Minnesota’s Ronny Turiaf injured his knee when he went up for a rebound and came down awkwardly. He left the game and did not return.
Now comes the really bad news — he suffered a bone bruise in his knee and will be out about three weeks, something Flip Saunders said and was tweeted by Andy Greder of the Pioneer Press.
This particularly isn’t good for Minnesota because Nikola Pekovic is already out with an ankle injury (although he could return this week). That means the Timberwolves roll out Kevin Love and after that Dante Cunningham and Gorgui Deng.
That’s not going to help a team with dreams of a late playoff push with a run of wins.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 0
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 22
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0