Feb 21, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Wednesday night, Minnesota’s Ronny Turiaf injured his knee when he went up for a rebound and came down awkwardly. He left the game and did not return.
Now comes the really bad news — he suffered a bone bruise in his knee and will be out about three weeks, something Flip Saunders said and was tweeted by Andy Greder of the Pioneer Press.
This particularly isn’t good for Minnesota because Nikola Pekovic is already out with an ankle injury (although he could return this week). That means the Timberwolves roll out Kevin Love and after that Dante Cunningham and Gorgui Deng.
That’s not going to help a team with dreams of a late playoff push with a run of wins.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6