Feb 21, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Wednesday night, Minnesota’s Ronny Turiaf injured his knee when he went up for a rebound and came down awkwardly. He left the game and did not return.
Now comes the really bad news — he suffered a bone bruise in his knee and will be out about three weeks, something Flip Saunders said and was tweeted by Andy Greder of the Pioneer Press.
This particularly isn’t good for Minnesota because Nikola Pekovic is already out with an ankle injury (although he could return this week). That means the Timberwolves roll out Kevin Love and after that Dante Cunningham and Gorgui Deng.
That’s not going to help a team with dreams of a late playoff push with a run of wins.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 16
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4