Feb 21, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Wednesday night, Minnesota’s Ronny Turiaf injured his knee when he went up for a rebound and came down awkwardly. He left the game and did not return.
Now comes the really bad news — he suffered a bone bruise in his knee and will be out about three weeks, something Flip Saunders said and was tweeted by Andy Greder of the Pioneer Press.
This particularly isn’t good for Minnesota because Nikola Pekovic is already out with an ankle injury (although he could return this week). That means the Timberwolves roll out Kevin Love and after that Dante Cunningham and Gorgui Deng.
That’s not going to help a team with dreams of a late playoff push with a run of wins.
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 0
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 4
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 21
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28