Feb 21, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Wednesday night, Minnesota’s Ronny Turiaf injured his knee when he went up for a rebound and came down awkwardly. He left the game and did not return.
Now comes the really bad news — he suffered a bone bruise in his knee and will be out about three weeks, something Flip Saunders said and was tweeted by Andy Greder of the Pioneer Press.
This particularly isn’t good for Minnesota because Nikola Pekovic is already out with an ankle injury (although he could return this week). That means the Timberwolves roll out Kevin Love and after that Dante Cunningham and Gorgui Deng.
That’s not going to help a team with dreams of a late playoff push with a run of wins.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47