Feb 21, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
When the above play happened late in the fourth quarter Thursday and blood spilled on the floor, you had to wonder if LeBron James had a broken nose and/or a concussion.
No. According to multiple reports out of the Heat locker room LeBron had a concussion test after going back to the locker room and it was negative. Once doctors looked closely at it they didn’t even take X-rays. Basically the blood made it look worse that it was and LeBron could well play Sunday when the Heat take on the Bulls.
The hit happens closer to the free throw line where LeBron starts his drive and gets caught in the face by Serge Ibaka. LeBron finished the dunk anyway.
Miami went on to win the game comfortably over the Thunder in Oklahoma City.
- Down 13 Rockets finally play with desperation, come back to beat Clippers, even series 1-1 3
- LeBron’s big night helps Cavs recover to tie series with Bulls 11
- Chris Paul out Game 2 against Rockets 1
- Report: Bulls’ Jimmy Butler wins Most Improved Player 5
- PBT Extra: Mike Conley changes series, but Warriors will start to hit shots again 4
- Last summer Blake Griffin talked to Tim Duncan about leadership 7
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 19
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 4