Feb 21, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
When the above play happened late in the fourth quarter Thursday and blood spilled on the floor, you had to wonder if LeBron James had a broken nose and/or a concussion.
No. According to multiple reports out of the Heat locker room LeBron had a concussion test after going back to the locker room and it was negative. Once doctors looked closely at it they didn’t even take X-rays. Basically the blood made it look worse that it was and LeBron could well play Sunday when the Heat take on the Bulls.
The hit happens closer to the free throw line where LeBron starts his drive and gets caught in the face by Serge Ibaka. LeBron finished the dunk anyway.
Miami went on to win the game comfortably over the Thunder in Oklahoma City.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 16
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14