Feb 21, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
When the above play happened late in the fourth quarter Thursday and blood spilled on the floor, you had to wonder if LeBron James had a broken nose and/or a concussion.
No. According to multiple reports out of the Heat locker room LeBron had a concussion test after going back to the locker room and it was negative. Once doctors looked closely at it they didn’t even take X-rays. Basically the blood made it look worse that it was and LeBron could well play Sunday when the Heat take on the Bulls.
The hit happens closer to the free throw line where LeBron starts his drive and gets caught in the face by Serge Ibaka. LeBron finished the dunk anyway.
Miami went on to win the game comfortably over the Thunder in Oklahoma City.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12