Feb 21, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
When the above play happened late in the fourth quarter Thursday and blood spilled on the floor, you had to wonder if LeBron James had a broken nose and/or a concussion.
No. According to multiple reports out of the Heat locker room LeBron had a concussion test after going back to the locker room and it was negative. Once doctors looked closely at it they didn’t even take X-rays. Basically the blood made it look worse that it was and LeBron could well play Sunday when the Heat take on the Bulls.
The hit happens closer to the free throw line where LeBron starts his drive and gets caught in the face by Serge Ibaka. LeBron finished the dunk anyway.
Miami went on to win the game comfortably over the Thunder in Oklahoma City.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13