Feb 21, 2014, 12:58 AM EST
When the above play happened late in the fourth quarter Thursday and blood spilled on the floor, you had to wonder if LeBron James had a broken nose and/or a concussion.
No. According to multiple reports out of the Heat locker room LeBron had a concussion test after going back to the locker room and it was negative. Once doctors looked closely at it they didn’t even take X-rays. Basically the blood made it look worse that it was and LeBron could well play Sunday when the Heat take on the Bulls.
The hit happens closer to the free throw line where LeBron starts his drive and gets caught in the face by Serge Ibaka. LeBron finished the dunk anyway.
Miami went on to win the game comfortably over the Thunder in Oklahoma City.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18