Feb 21, 2014, 5:00 PM EST
LeBron James was dominant in leading the Heat to a blowout win over the Thunder on Thursday, but the victory didn’t come without cost.
James took a shot to the face from Serge Ibaka on a play late in the game where he ended up dunking the ball anyway, but it bloodied him and he was forced to leave the game. He was woozy afterward and did not speak to reporters, but passed all concussion tests.
The team announced on Friday, however, that James suffered a broken nose, and will be a gametime decision for Miami’s next game, which is a nationally televised contest Sunday at home against the Bulls.
LeBron has missed only one game all season, and the Heat won anyway thanks to a three at the buzzer from Chris Bosh.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 13
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 23
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 20