Feb 21, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
LeBron James was dominant in leading the Heat to a blowout win over the Thunder on Thursday, but the victory didn’t come without cost.
James took a shot to the face from Serge Ibaka on a play late in the game where he ended up dunking the ball anyway, but it bloodied him and he was forced to leave the game. He was woozy afterward and did not speak to reporters, but passed all concussion tests.
The team announced on Friday, however, that James suffered a broken nose, and will be a gametime decision for Miami’s next game, which is a nationally televised contest Sunday at home against the Bulls.
LeBron has missed only one game all season, and the Heat won anyway thanks to a three at the buzzer from Chris Bosh.
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 5
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 51
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 56
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46