Feb 21, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
LeBron James was dominant in leading the Heat to a blowout win over the Thunder on Thursday, but the victory didn’t come without cost.
James took a shot to the face from Serge Ibaka on a play late in the game where he ended up dunking the ball anyway, but it bloodied him and he was forced to leave the game. He was woozy afterward and did not speak to reporters, but passed all concussion tests.
The team announced on Friday, however, that James suffered a broken nose, and will be a gametime decision for Miami’s next game, which is a nationally televised contest Sunday at home against the Bulls.
LeBron has missed only one game all season, and the Heat won anyway thanks to a three at the buzzer from Chris Bosh.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13