Feb 21, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
LeBron James was dominant in leading the Heat to a blowout win over the Thunder on Thursday, but the victory didn’t come without cost.
James took a shot to the face from Serge Ibaka on a play late in the game where he ended up dunking the ball anyway, but it bloodied him and he was forced to leave the game. He was woozy afterward and did not speak to reporters, but passed all concussion tests.
The team announced on Friday, however, that James suffered a broken nose, and will be a gametime decision for Miami’s next game, which is a nationally televised contest Sunday at home against the Bulls.
LeBron has missed only one game all season, and the Heat won anyway thanks to a three at the buzzer from Chris Bosh.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13