Feb 21, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
LeBron James tried one of these in a game I attended earlier this season, but wasn’t able to complete the finish. When he was asked about why he did it, he claimed it was the only play available at the time.
Seeing this one from the Grizzlies’ James Johnson, LeBron’s explanation makes more sense.
Johnson faked DeAndre Jordan and got past him on the pivot, but really had nowhere to go. Without a defender in front of him, he made what turned out to be a play that was both smart and spectacular, tossing it off the backboard to himself and then finishing with the highlight slam dunk.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 9
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31