Feb 21, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
LeBron James tried one of these in a game I attended earlier this season, but wasn’t able to complete the finish. When he was asked about why he did it, he claimed it was the only play available at the time.
Seeing this one from the Grizzlies’ James Johnson, LeBron’s explanation makes more sense.
Johnson faked DeAndre Jordan and got past him on the pivot, but really had nowhere to go. Without a defender in front of him, he made what turned out to be a play that was both smart and spectacular, tossing it off the backboard to himself and then finishing with the highlight slam dunk.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 10
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 9
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 21