Feb 21, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
LeBron James tried one of these in a game I attended earlier this season, but wasn’t able to complete the finish. When he was asked about why he did it, he claimed it was the only play available at the time.
Seeing this one from the Grizzlies’ James Johnson, LeBron’s explanation makes more sense.
Johnson faked DeAndre Jordan and got past him on the pivot, but really had nowhere to go. Without a defender in front of him, he made what turned out to be a play that was both smart and spectacular, tossing it off the backboard to himself and then finishing with the highlight slam dunk.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29