Feb 21, 2014, 9:47 PM EST
LeBron James tried one of these in a game I attended earlier this season, but wasn’t able to complete the finish. When he was asked about why he did it, he claimed it was the only play available at the time.
Seeing this one from the Grizzlies’ James Johnson, LeBron’s explanation makes more sense.
Johnson faked DeAndre Jordan and got past him on the pivot, but really had nowhere to go. Without a defender in front of him, he made what turned out to be a play that was both smart and spectacular, tossing it off the backboard to himself and then finishing with the highlight slam dunk.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11