Feb 21, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Another trade deadline, another flurry of Rajon Rondo rumors.
Once again when the dust settles Rondo is still a Celtic. There’s a pattern here.
As with past years, reports from other teams are that the Celtics were asking the world for Rondo (the buzz is they wanted Chandler Parsons and two first round picks from Houston). Other teams balked at the price. And as with past years, when all was said and done Danny Ainge sat down and professed his love for Rondo, as he did to CSNNE.com.
“I believe he loves the city of Boston. He believes in us, in turning this thing around. There’s not a lot of stress right now because he knows he’s not 100 percent. He’s still getting healthy. I think by next year you’ll see the real Rajon Rondo. I think right now, it’s all good and we’ll just go from there.”
The real test for how much Rondo loves Boston is the summer of 2015 when he becomes a free agent. If Rondo doesn’t love Boston — or at least the rebuilding process in Boston — as much as Ainge professes, then Ainge needs to move him before then and get something in return.
Which means this summer we will get another round of Rondo rumors.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20