Feb 21, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Another trade deadline, another flurry of Rajon Rondo rumors.
Once again when the dust settles Rondo is still a Celtic. There’s a pattern here.
As with past years, reports from other teams are that the Celtics were asking the world for Rondo (the buzz is they wanted Chandler Parsons and two first round picks from Houston). Other teams balked at the price. And as with past years, when all was said and done Danny Ainge sat down and professed his love for Rondo, as he did to CSNNE.com.
“I believe he loves the city of Boston. He believes in us, in turning this thing around. There’s not a lot of stress right now because he knows he’s not 100 percent. He’s still getting healthy. I think by next year you’ll see the real Rajon Rondo. I think right now, it’s all good and we’ll just go from there.”
The real test for how much Rondo loves Boston is the summer of 2015 when he becomes a free agent. If Rondo doesn’t love Boston — or at least the rebuilding process in Boston — as much as Ainge professes, then Ainge needs to move him before then and get something in return.
Which means this summer we will get another round of Rondo rumors.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19