Feb 21, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Another trade deadline, another flurry of Rajon Rondo rumors.
Once again when the dust settles Rondo is still a Celtic. There’s a pattern here.
As with past years, reports from other teams are that the Celtics were asking the world for Rondo (the buzz is they wanted Chandler Parsons and two first round picks from Houston). Other teams balked at the price. And as with past years, when all was said and done Danny Ainge sat down and professed his love for Rondo, as he did to CSNNE.com.
“I believe he loves the city of Boston. He believes in us, in turning this thing around. There’s not a lot of stress right now because he knows he’s not 100 percent. He’s still getting healthy. I think by next year you’ll see the real Rajon Rondo. I think right now, it’s all good and we’ll just go from there.”
The real test for how much Rondo loves Boston is the summer of 2015 when he becomes a free agent. If Rondo doesn’t love Boston — or at least the rebuilding process in Boston — as much as Ainge professes, then Ainge needs to move him before then and get something in return.
Which means this summer we will get another round of Rondo rumors.
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 0
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8