Feb 21, 2014, 11:29 AM EDT
Another trade deadline, another flurry of Rajon Rondo rumors.
Once again when the dust settles Rondo is still a Celtic. There’s a pattern here.
As with past years, reports from other teams are that the Celtics were asking the world for Rondo (the buzz is they wanted Chandler Parsons and two first round picks from Houston). Other teams balked at the price. And as with past years, when all was said and done Danny Ainge sat down and professed his love for Rondo, as he did to CSNNE.com.
“I believe he loves the city of Boston. He believes in us, in turning this thing around. There’s not a lot of stress right now because he knows he’s not 100 percent. He’s still getting healthy. I think by next year you’ll see the real Rajon Rondo. I think right now, it’s all good and we’ll just go from there.”
The real test for how much Rondo loves Boston is the summer of 2015 when he becomes a free agent. If Rondo doesn’t love Boston — or at least the rebuilding process in Boston — as much as Ainge professes, then Ainge needs to move him before then and get something in return.
Which means this summer we will get another round of Rondo rumors.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32