Feb 21, 2014, 11:12 PM EST
Jack Ramsay is a legendary basketball coach who led the Portland Trail Blazers to the franchise’s only championship in the 1977 season. He also turned 89 on Friday, so current Blazers head coach Terry Stotts decided to dress for the occasion.
Terry Stotts honoring Jack Ramsay’s 89th birthday. That’s class. pic.twitter.com/1BPDzaCErp
— Mike Barrett (@blazermb) February 22, 2014
Good on Stotts for honoring Dr. Jack, who coached 20 NBA seasons and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1992. He also provided commentary as a broadcaster for ESPN before retiring last season.
[via SB Nation]
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13