Feb 21, 2014, 11:12 PM EDT
Jack Ramsay is a legendary basketball coach who led the Portland Trail Blazers to the franchise’s only championship in the 1977 season. He also turned 89 on Friday, so current Blazers head coach Terry Stotts decided to dress for the occasion.
Terry Stotts honoring Jack Ramsay’s 89th birthday. That’s class. pic.twitter.com/1BPDzaCErp
— Mike Barrett (@blazermb) February 22, 2014
Good on Stotts for honoring Dr. Jack, who coached 20 NBA seasons and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1992. He also provided commentary as a broadcaster for ESPN before retiring last season.
[via SB Nation]
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13