Feb 21, 2014, 11:12 PM EDT
Jack Ramsay is a legendary basketball coach who led the Portland Trail Blazers to the franchise’s only championship in the 1977 season. He also turned 89 on Friday, so current Blazers head coach Terry Stotts decided to dress for the occasion.
Terry Stotts honoring Jack Ramsay’s 89th birthday. That’s class. pic.twitter.com/1BPDzaCErp
— Mike Barrett (@blazermb) February 22, 2014
Good on Stotts for honoring Dr. Jack, who coached 20 NBA seasons and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1992. He also provided commentary as a broadcaster for ESPN before retiring last season.
[via SB Nation]
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30