Feb 21, 2014, 11:12 PM EST
Jack Ramsay is a legendary basketball coach who led the Portland Trail Blazers to the franchise’s only championship in the 1977 season. He also turned 89 on Friday, so current Blazers head coach Terry Stotts decided to dress for the occasion.
Terry Stotts honoring Jack Ramsay’s 89th birthday. That’s class. pic.twitter.com/1BPDzaCErp
— Mike Barrett (@blazermb) February 22, 2014
Good on Stotts for honoring Dr. Jack, who coached 20 NBA seasons and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1992. He also provided commentary as a broadcaster for ESPN before retiring last season.
[via SB Nation]
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 11
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 20
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 19
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3
- Shane Larkin, a second thought as Knicks chase star free agents, trying to find his own way 1