Feb 21, 2014, 11:12 PM EDT
Jack Ramsay is a legendary basketball coach who led the Portland Trail Blazers to the franchise’s only championship in the 1977 season. He also turned 89 on Friday, so current Blazers head coach Terry Stotts decided to dress for the occasion.
Terry Stotts honoring Jack Ramsay’s 89th birthday. That’s class. pic.twitter.com/1BPDzaCErp
— Mike Barrett (@blazermb) February 22, 2014
Good on Stotts for honoring Dr. Jack, who coached 20 NBA seasons and was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1992. He also provided commentary as a broadcaster for ESPN before retiring last season.
[via SB Nation]
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4