Feb 21, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
And now comes the annual tradition of waiving players acquired on trade deadline day you didn’t really want…
Antawn Jamison, come on down, you’re next.
The Atlanta Hawks have waived Jamison, the team announced. If he clears waivers in 48 hours (as is expected) he will become a unrestricted free agent.
Jamison was traded to the Hawks on Thursday for the draft rights to Cenk Akyol and cash. The Clippers wanted to clear out some salary room on the roster, the Hawks got cash to make that happen. Jamison was supposed to provide L.A. a stretch four but that hadn’t worked out and he had been used in a limited role by the Clippers getting in just 22 games, averaging 3.8 points and 2.5 rebounds when he did. Jamison had been with the Lakers the year before and was used sparingly there as well. This has frustrated a proud veteran player who believes he can still contribute to a team coming off the bench.
He may get a chance to prove that somewhere if he signs as a free agent. The Hawks will not be that team, and they have already filled that roster space giving Cartier Martin another 10-day contract.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18