Feb 20, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
Maybe a change of scenery will do both good.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
San Antonio has traded Nando De Colo to the Toronto Raptors for Austin Daye, league source tells Yahoo Sports.—
Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 20, 2014
The Spurs will save a little money this season, the Raptors a little next season. De Colo is paid more this year and has an expiring contract, and Daye’s is guaranteed for $250,000 next year. The deal is pretty neutral money-wise.
De Colo will give the Raptors more depth in their backcourt, where Greivis Vasquez is their only suitable reserve. De Colo might not be any better than Toronto’s other reserve guards, but more options give the Raptors a better chance of finding someone to crack through.
Daye’s strength is supposed to be outside shooting, but he’s had more bad 3-point shooting seasons than good ones and is just 34.9 percent from beyond the arc for his career. Maybe if the Spurs allow him to focus on only 3-point shooting, their system will get him enough open looks to make playing him viable.
Most likely, though, two teams just exchanged end-of-bench fodder.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2