Feb 20, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
They finally found one on the Houston Rockets.
Hamilton, a 6-foot-7 wing player, gives the Rockets the athletic perimeter player they’ve been seeking for their bench. Hamilton, 23, has averaged 6.8 points this season for Denver.
This is a nice deal for both sides, and both contracts expire after this season so it’s not really a cash savings (Denver does save a couple hundred thousand).
Earlier in the day Denver traded Andre Miller to Washington as part of a three-team deal (where they may have given up too much with a couple second round picks).
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11