Feb 20, 2014, 2:12 PM EDT
They finally found one on the Houston Rockets.
Hamilton, a 6-foot-7 wing player, gives the Rockets the athletic perimeter player they’ve been seeking for their bench. Hamilton, 23, has averaged 6.8 points this season for Denver.
This is a nice deal for both sides, and both contracts expire after this season so it’s not really a cash savings (Denver does save a couple hundred thousand).
Earlier in the day Denver traded Andre Miller to Washington as part of a three-team deal (where they may have given up too much with a couple second round picks).
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18