Feb 20, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Lakers fans got their cathartic release of booing Dwight Howard and chanting “Howard sucks” at him Wednesday night while Howard and his new teammates showed why he made the right basketball move this summer as Houston routed the Los Angeles Lakers.
Howard and the Rockets thought the chants were funny. As evidence, here is something the Rockets posted to Instagram from the team’s flight up to Golden State (for a Thursday night game):
Or, watch Howard as he inbounds the ball during the game.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver of Sports Illustrated’s The Point Forward, who does not believe Howard sucks but might chant it anyway.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 0
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 13
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9