Feb 20, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Lakers fans got their cathartic release of booing Dwight Howard and chanting “Howard sucks” at him Wednesday night while Howard and his new teammates showed why he made the right basketball move this summer as Houston routed the Los Angeles Lakers.
Howard and the Rockets thought the chants were funny. As evidence, here is something the Rockets posted to Instagram from the team’s flight up to Golden State (for a Thursday night game):
Or, watch Howard as he inbounds the ball during the game.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver of Sports Illustrated’s The Point Forward, who does not believe Howard sucks but might chant it anyway.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 14
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50