Feb 20, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Lakers fans got their cathartic release of booing Dwight Howard and chanting “Howard sucks” at him Wednesday night while Howard and his new teammates showed why he made the right basketball move this summer as Houston routed the Los Angeles Lakers.
Howard and the Rockets thought the chants were funny. As evidence, here is something the Rockets posted to Instagram from the team’s flight up to Golden State (for a Thursday night game):
Or, watch Howard as he inbounds the ball during the game.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver of Sports Illustrated’s The Point Forward, who does not believe Howard sucks but might chant it anyway.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65