Feb 20, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Lakers fans got their cathartic release of booing Dwight Howard and chanting “Howard sucks” at him Wednesday night while Howard and his new teammates showed why he made the right basketball move this summer as Houston routed the Los Angeles Lakers.
Howard and the Rockets thought the chants were funny. As evidence, here is something the Rockets posted to Instagram from the team’s flight up to Golden State (for a Thursday night game):
Or, watch Howard as he inbounds the ball during the game.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver of Sports Illustrated’s The Point Forward, who does not believe Howard sucks but might chant it anyway.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 52
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6