Feb 20, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Lakers fans got their cathartic release of booing Dwight Howard and chanting “Howard sucks” at him Wednesday night while Howard and his new teammates showed why he made the right basketball move this summer as Houston routed the Los Angeles Lakers.
Howard and the Rockets thought the chants were funny. As evidence, here is something the Rockets posted to Instagram from the team’s flight up to Golden State (for a Thursday night game):
Or, watch Howard as he inbounds the ball during the game.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver of Sports Illustrated’s The Point Forward, who does not believe Howard sucks but might chant it anyway.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12