Feb 19, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Today we start off with a heavy dose of trade rumor updates.
• Speaking of the Lakers, the Cavaliers reportedly have emerged as Brooklyn’s competition for the contract of Jordan Hill that the Lakers want to dump. Neither team want to give the Lakers anything other than salary cap relief, so the question becomes will one of them offer a little bit more to get the deal done.
• Several sources have confirmed that the New Orleans Pelicans have been granted a $4.15 million player exception for the injured Ryan Anderson, which gives them a little more room to play with if they want to make a trade deadline deal.
• The Mavericks reportedly have shown interest in Cleveland’s Luol Deng (who is available). However, they don’t really have the kind of assets that Cleveland wants. Look for Dallas to be a team that goes at Deng hard in the summer.
• However, if you’re looking for a Buck who could be moved, the smart money is still on Gary Neal, several teams interested on that front.
• In case you don’t check out TMZ, here is what Kenyon Martin said about sleeved jerseys: “I think [sleeved jerseys] are WNBA jerseys. We had to wear them on Christmas, so I had to go with it. That’s the job. You gotta wear the company uniform.”
Ugh. First Kenyon, those WNBA ladies can flat-out ball and the Knicks should have the ball movement and floor spacing the New York Liberty have. Second, as Adam Silver said at All-Star Game and we at PBT have told you before, those jerseys are exceeding sales expectations by the league and as long as that is the case you will see them.
• Denver’s Ty Lawson has joined forces with PETA and has a new ad out saying “I Choose Ink, Not Mink.”
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15