Feb 19, 2014, 5:59 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Today we start off with a heavy dose of trade rumor updates.
• Speaking of the Lakers, the Cavaliers reportedly have emerged as Brooklyn’s competition for the contract of Jordan Hill that the Lakers want to dump. Neither team want to give the Lakers anything other than salary cap relief, so the question becomes will one of them offer a little bit more to get the deal done.
• Several sources have confirmed that the New Orleans Pelicans have been granted a $4.15 million player exception for the injured Ryan Anderson, which gives them a little more room to play with if they want to make a trade deadline deal.
• The Mavericks reportedly have shown interest in Cleveland’s Luol Deng (who is available). However, they don’t really have the kind of assets that Cleveland wants. Look for Dallas to be a team that goes at Deng hard in the summer.
• However, if you’re looking for a Buck who could be moved, the smart money is still on Gary Neal, several teams interested on that front.
• In case you don’t check out TMZ, here is what Kenyon Martin said about sleeved jerseys: “I think [sleeved jerseys] are WNBA jerseys. We had to wear them on Christmas, so I had to go with it. That’s the job. You gotta wear the company uniform.”
Ugh. First Kenyon, those WNBA ladies can flat-out ball and the Knicks should have the ball movement and floor spacing the New York Liberty have. Second, as Adam Silver said at All-Star Game and we at PBT have told you before, those jerseys are exceeding sales expectations by the league and as long as that is the case you will see them.
• Denver’s Ty Lawson has joined forces with PETA and has a new ad out saying “I Choose Ink, Not Mink.”
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 15