Feb 18, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
Tony Parker played in the All-Star Game last weekend with a sprained hand.
That’s not to mention his sore back, groin, shin/calf, and hip that he has played through recently. Actually, it might just be quicker to list the places where Tony Parker is not banged up.
Which is why the Spurs are going to do the most Spurs of thing and shut Parker down for a while, tweets Mike Monroe of the Express-News.
This is what the Spurs do this time of year — don’t worry about the wins, worry about getting healthy for he playoffs. At 38-15 they are the two seed in the West and if they can hold off the Rockets (second in the Southwest Division and two games behind the Spurs) then San Antonio gets a top four seed.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $120,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $13,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The West is surprisingly wide open right now. Oklahoma City is clearly the bar that has to be cleared to make the finals, but any number of teams — Spurs, Grizzlies, Clippers, Rockets, Warriors Trail Blazers — could make the case they can make a run to the conference finals and test Oklahoma City.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2