Feb 18, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
Tony Parker played in the All-Star Game last weekend with a sprained hand.
That’s not to mention his sore back, groin, shin/calf, and hip that he has played through recently. Actually, it might just be quicker to list the places where Tony Parker is not banged up.
Which is why the Spurs are going to do the most Spurs of thing and shut Parker down for a while, tweets Mike Monroe of the Express-News.
This is what the Spurs do this time of year — don’t worry about the wins, worry about getting healthy for he playoffs. At 38-15 they are the two seed in the West and if they can hold off the Rockets (second in the Southwest Division and two games behind the Spurs) then San Antonio gets a top four seed.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $120,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $13,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The West is surprisingly wide open right now. Oklahoma City is clearly the bar that has to be cleared to make the finals, but any number of teams — Spurs, Grizzlies, Clippers, Rockets, Warriors Trail Blazers — could make the case they can make a run to the conference finals and test Oklahoma City.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15