Feb 18, 2014, 4:48 PM EST
The new Sacramento Kings ownership and front office is aggressive. The Brooklyn Nets remain looking for players that can help them win now.
Which leads to this interesting trade rumor courtesy Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Talks have been ongoing for several days, sources said, but no agreement is imminent. The Kings and Nets have both been engaged in talks on multiple fronts with teams heading into Thursday’s NBA trade deadline.
With this move, the Kings would save about $1 million in salary next season. And the two teams would be swapping disappointing players.
Thornton is in the midst of his worst season in the NBA. Two seasons ago he was playing nearly 35 minutes a game for the Kings, scoring 18.7 points a game with a true shooting percentage of 54.4 percent and was seen as part of the Kings’ future, a volume scorer that could shoot threes and would make a good sixth man. Except he has struggled in that role and this season is shooting just 31.8 percent from three (his true shooting percentage is 48.5). Maybe a change of scenery is needed here, but if he keeps playing like this he wouldn’t help Brooklyn.
Terry’s game has been in decline for years but he was moved as part of the Kevin Garnett/Paul Pierce deal to make the numbers work. He can still shoot the three (37 percent, and he still loves the right corner) but he can’t create his own shot or defend well anymore.
Reggie Evans brings energy and for that reason fans love him, and he works hard on the glass, but he is limited in just about every other way. Well, except for flopping. You’re not getting points out of him and he can be beat on defense. He’s a nice big off the bench because of his effort but he’s a role player.
This would be a gamble for the Nets, but maybe one worth taking if Thornton can regain his form. If not, he’s an expiring deal to try and move this summer or at the next deadline.
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 1
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 5
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5