Feb 18, 2014, 10:39 PM EST
For the first time this season a Portland Trail Blazer starter is going to miss a game due to injury (one of the real secrets of their success this season).
Portland had lost three of four coming into the break and this isn’t going to help.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $120,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $13,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Aldridge has been the best power forward in the game this season, averaging 23.9 points, 11.4 rebounds plus contributing on the defensive end in Portland. You’re going to see more Thomas Robinson but the Trail Blazers are hurting up with Joel Freeland (MCL sprain) and Meyers Leonard (sprained left ankle) both out as well.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30