Feb 18, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
For the first time this season a Portland Trail Blazer starter is going to miss a game due to injury (one of the real secrets of their success this season).
Portland had lost three of four coming into the break and this isn’t going to help.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $120,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $13,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Aldridge has been the best power forward in the game this season, averaging 23.9 points, 11.4 rebounds plus contributing on the defensive end in Portland. You’re going to see more Thomas Robinson but the Trail Blazers are hurting up with Joel Freeland (MCL sprain) and Meyers Leonard (sprained left ankle) both out as well.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 5
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 14
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11