Feb 18, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
For the first time this season a Portland Trail Blazer starter is going to miss a game due to injury (one of the real secrets of their success this season).
Portland had lost three of four coming into the break and this isn’t going to help.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $120,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $13,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Aldridge has been the best power forward in the game this season, averaging 23.9 points, 11.4 rebounds plus contributing on the defensive end in Portland. You’re going to see more Thomas Robinson but the Trail Blazers are hurting up with Joel Freeland (MCL sprain) and Meyers Leonard (sprained left ankle) both out as well.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6