Feb 18, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
For the first time this season a Portland Trail Blazer starter is going to miss a game due to injury (one of the real secrets of their success this season).
Portland had lost three of four coming into the break and this isn’t going to help.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $120,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $13,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Aldridge has been the best power forward in the game this season, averaging 23.9 points, 11.4 rebounds plus contributing on the defensive end in Portland. You’re going to see more Thomas Robinson but the Trail Blazers are hurting up with Joel Freeland (MCL sprain) and Meyers Leonard (sprained left ankle) both out as well.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 22
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26