Feb 18, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
For the first time this season a Portland Trail Blazer starter is going to miss a game due to injury (one of the real secrets of their success this season).
Portland had lost three of four coming into the break and this isn’t going to help.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $120,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $13,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Aldridge has been the best power forward in the game this season, averaging 23.9 points, 11.4 rebounds plus contributing on the defensive end in Portland. You’re going to see more Thomas Robinson but the Trail Blazers are hurting up with Joel Freeland (MCL sprain) and Meyers Leonard (sprained left ankle) both out as well.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8