Feb 18, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
UPDATE: 9:08 pm: The Clippers have made it official, saying J.J. Redick is out “indefinitely with a bulging disc in his lower back.”
While he certainly has a variety of injuries, it is the back that is the most serious. They still expect to have him back for the playoffs.
7:45 pm: This is pretty much exactly what the Spurs are doing with Tony Parker
Knowing they need him more in April and May than February, the Clippers are shutting down J.J. Redick for a few weeks to let him get healthy.
Redick is averaging 15.7 points a game for the Clippers as Doc Rivers uses him not unlike he used Ray Allen in 2008 — running off screens to get open and tire defenders, plus to space the floor. It has worked, he has been key when healthy. He has played in just 30 games for Los Angeles and missed a number before the All-Star break as well.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12