Feb 18, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
UPDATE: 9:08 pm: The Clippers have made it official, saying J.J. Redick is out “indefinitely with a bulging disc in his lower back.”
While he certainly has a variety of injuries, it is the back that is the most serious. They still expect to have him back for the playoffs.
7:45 pm: This is pretty much exactly what the Spurs are doing with Tony Parker
Knowing they need him more in April and May than February, the Clippers are shutting down J.J. Redick for a few weeks to let him get healthy.
Redick is averaging 15.7 points a game for the Clippers as Doc Rivers uses him not unlike he used Ray Allen in 2008 — running off screens to get open and tire defenders, plus to space the floor. It has worked, he has been key when healthy. He has played in just 30 games for Los Angeles and missed a number before the All-Star break as well.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7