Feb 18, 2014, 9:08 PM EDT
UPDATE: 9:08 pm: The Clippers have made it official, saying J.J. Redick is out “indefinitely with a bulging disc in his lower back.”
While he certainly has a variety of injuries, it is the back that is the most serious. They still expect to have him back for the playoffs.
7:45 pm: This is pretty much exactly what the Spurs are doing with Tony Parker
Knowing they need him more in April and May than February, the Clippers are shutting down J.J. Redick for a few weeks to let him get healthy.
Redick is averaging 15.7 points a game for the Clippers as Doc Rivers uses him not unlike he used Ray Allen in 2008 — running off screens to get open and tire defenders, plus to space the floor. It has worked, he has been key when healthy. He has played in just 30 games for Los Angeles and missed a number before the All-Star break as well.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 1
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 22
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 21
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9