Feb 17, 2014, 11:16 PM EDT
The Philadelphia 76ers have lost an NBA-high eight straight games, falling to 15-39 and 29th in league. Their 3-point shooting, 31.4 percent, also ranks 29th. They need help.
Enter Kevin Grow.
Grow served as his high school team’s manager for four years before suiting up in the final two games. Saturday, Grow scored 14 points on 4-of-5 3-point shooting. Now, he’s ready to make that preps-to-pros jump. CSN Philly:
Grow will participate in the team’s practice Monday, eat dinner with the team, and receive Sixers gear.
Before the Sixers host the Cavaliers on Tuesday, Grow will receive a custom jersey at his very own locker in the team’s locker room. He will stand with the team during the National Anthem and take the court with the Bensalem High School team during a timeout for a special presentation.
Because Grow is on a ceremonial contract, I don’t think he’ll be eligible to play against the Cavaliers. But in case he does, I’m here to help Cleveland prepare a scouting reporting. Let’s review video of his last game and create a plan for defending Grow.
- Not afraid to mix it up inside and get to the basket. Kobe assists are a real concern, so be sure to box out his teammates on the slight chance he misses.
- Tremendous 3-point shooter. DO NOT HELP OFF HIM ON THE PERIMETER.
- Incredibly inspirational. Try to keep focused on the game rather than clapping for his baskets – but good luck with that one.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28