Feb 17, 2014, 11:16 PM EDT
The Philadelphia 76ers have lost an NBA-high eight straight games, falling to 15-39 and 29th in league. Their 3-point shooting, 31.4 percent, also ranks 29th. They need help.
Enter Kevin Grow.
Grow served as his high school team’s manager for four years before suiting up in the final two games. Saturday, Grow scored 14 points on 4-of-5 3-point shooting. Now, he’s ready to make that preps-to-pros jump. CSN Philly:
Grow will participate in the team’s practice Monday, eat dinner with the team, and receive Sixers gear.
Before the Sixers host the Cavaliers on Tuesday, Grow will receive a custom jersey at his very own locker in the team’s locker room. He will stand with the team during the National Anthem and take the court with the Bensalem High School team during a timeout for a special presentation.
Because Grow is on a ceremonial contract, I don’t think he’ll be eligible to play against the Cavaliers. But in case he does, I’m here to help Cleveland prepare a scouting reporting. Let’s review video of his last game and create a plan for defending Grow.
- Not afraid to mix it up inside and get to the basket. Kobe assists are a real concern, so be sure to box out his teammates on the slight chance he misses.
- Tremendous 3-point shooter. DO NOT HELP OFF HIM ON THE PERIMETER.
- Incredibly inspirational. Try to keep focused on the game rather than clapping for his baskets – but good luck with that one.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 18
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 67
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14