Feb 17, 2014, 12:32 PM EDT
NEW ORLEANS — Blake Griffin has shown a much rounder game this season — his midrange game is solid, he has a variety of post moves and counters, his handles have stepped up the past few years.
Yet it’s the dunks we want to see, and Griffin understands that and put on a high-flying show — he shot 16-of-18 at the rim in the game, on his way to 38 points.
“It’s fun, man,” he said Sunday night after the game. “This game is for the fans. And to be able to do the things that they want to see, they don’t really want to see me shooting jump shots, so it’s cool to be able to get up and down and have fun with it. ”
The All-Star Game is suited to him — runs to the rim are rewarded with alley-oops almost every time and there are no defenders trying to get in his way or make him pay any price for those runs. It’s a clear runway and Griffin took off on Sunday night.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 10
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 25
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9