Feb 15, 2014, 9:29 AM EDT
You can slam him over Common Core. Go ahead and criticize him for a love of standardized testing and the far-reaching impacts that has on our public education system.
But don’t say Secretary of Education Arne Duncan can’t ball.
Duncan was by far the best player on the court for the All-Star Weekend Celebrity Game, as he rebounded passed and shot his way to the MVP trophy. If you didn’t know this, Duncan was the co-captain of the Harvard basketball team while he was in college — he played D1 ball and it showed. He has a great court vision.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34