Feb 15, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Earlier this season Smith received one of the oddest fines from the league you’ll ever see when he got docked 50 large for “repeated instances” of untying his opponent’s shoes at the free throw line. Guys have long tugged on each other’s shorts and even thrown each other’s shoes to the sidelines in the middle of play, but the NBA drew the line with J.R. Smith, because the NBA usually draws the line with J.R. Smith.
Most had already moved on or forgotten about the whole shoe untying thing, since J.R. tends to give us a lot of fresh material, but Knicks teammate Tim Hardaway Jr. delightfully reminded us of it all during the Rising Stars game last night:
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 0
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 61
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 31
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 43
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33