Feb 15, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Earlier this season Smith received one of the oddest fines from the league you’ll ever see when he got docked 50 large for “repeated instances” of untying his opponent’s shoes at the free throw line. Guys have long tugged on each other’s shorts and even thrown each other’s shoes to the sidelines in the middle of play, but the NBA drew the line with J.R. Smith, because the NBA usually draws the line with J.R. Smith.
Most had already moved on or forgotten about the whole shoe untying thing, since J.R. tends to give us a lot of fresh material, but Knicks teammate Tim Hardaway Jr. delightfully reminded us of it all during the Rising Stars game last night:
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32