Feb 15, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Yes, the new All-Star Saturday Dunk Contest format needs a lot more tweaking. No, the contest itself did not live up to the hype.
But John Wall brought it. Big time.
His over-the-mascot (named G-Man), bring it down then go back up reverse dunk was easily the best dunk of night. It sealed the win for the Eastern Conference as earned Wall enough fan votes that he was selected the Dunker of the Night.
I’m not going with Magic Johnson here saying “the Dunk Contest is back” (doesn’t he say that every year?) but this was impressive.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 1
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 34
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11