Feb 15, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Yes, the new All-Star Saturday Dunk Contest format needs a lot more tweaking. No, the contest itself did not live up to the hype.
But John Wall brought it. Big time.
His over-the-mascot (named G-Man), bring it down then go back up reverse dunk was easily the best dunk of night. It sealed the win for the Eastern Conference as earned Wall enough fan votes that he was selected the Dunker of the Night.
I’m not going with Magic Johnson here saying “the Dunk Contest is back” (doesn’t he say that every year?) but this was impressive.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 6
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10