Feb 15, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Yes, the new All-Star Saturday Dunk Contest format needs a lot more tweaking. No, the contest itself did not live up to the hype.
But John Wall brought it. Big time.
His over-the-mascot (named G-Man), bring it down then go back up reverse dunk was easily the best dunk of night. It sealed the win for the Eastern Conference as earned Wall enough fan votes that he was selected the Dunker of the Night.
I’m not going with Magic Johnson here saying “the Dunk Contest is back” (doesn’t he say that every year?) but this was impressive.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36