Feb 15, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Yes, the new All-Star Saturday Dunk Contest format needs a lot more tweaking. No, the contest itself did not live up to the hype.
But John Wall brought it. Big time.
His over-the-mascot (named G-Man), bring it down then go back up reverse dunk was easily the best dunk of night. It sealed the win for the Eastern Conference as earned Wall enough fan votes that he was selected the Dunker of the Night.
I’m not going with Magic Johnson here saying “the Dunk Contest is back” (doesn’t he say that every year?) but this was impressive.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29