Feb 15, 2014, 4:59 PM EST
NEW ORLEANS — The above play happened on Wednesday night — the Rockets were down one to the Wizards with four seconds left when James Harden lost his man John Wall on a Dwight Howard (moving) screen, got the ball out top, drove the lane, Eurostepped around the defender and scored the winning bucket. That play came right after Harden got a foul called on Trevor Ariza on what the Wizards thought was a flop.
Hours after that game ended both Harden and Wall were on their way to New Orleans where both are participants in the All-Star Game. Where the two were bound to run into each other. And you can bet that last play came up.
“(A number of players) were talking how many game winners there was the night before everybody came here and (Harden) came in and Eurospteps by me, Wall said with a laugh. “That’s how he scored the game winner right there.”
He didn’t say anything thing about the flop/foul?
“He isn’t going to say any ‘bout that,” Wall said. “He ain’t going to talk about the time he rubbed his beard in Trevor’s face either.”
While the players like to say All-Star weekend is all in good fun, there’s smack talk. Plenty of it.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 23
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 18
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23