Feb 15, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
NEW ORLEANS — The above play happened on Wednesday night — the Rockets were down one to the Wizards with four seconds left when James Harden lost his man John Wall on a Dwight Howard (moving) screen, got the ball out top, drove the lane, Eurostepped around the defender and scored the winning bucket. That play came right after Harden got a foul called on Trevor Ariza on what the Wizards thought was a flop.
Hours after that game ended both Harden and Wall were on their way to New Orleans where both are participants in the All-Star Game. Where the two were bound to run into each other. And you can bet that last play came up.
“(A number of players) were talking how many game winners there was the night before everybody came here and (Harden) came in and Eurospteps by me, Wall said with a laugh. “That’s how he scored the game winner right there.”
He didn’t say anything thing about the flop/foul?
“He isn’t going to say any ‘bout that,” Wall said. “He ain’t going to talk about the time he rubbed his beard in Trevor’s face either.”
While the players like to say All-Star weekend is all in good fun, there’s smack talk. Plenty of it.
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 2
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 5
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 16
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34