Feb 15, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
NEW ORLEANS — The above play happened on Wednesday night — the Rockets were down one to the Wizards with four seconds left when James Harden lost his man John Wall on a Dwight Howard (moving) screen, got the ball out top, drove the lane, Eurostepped around the defender and scored the winning bucket. That play came right after Harden got a foul called on Trevor Ariza on what the Wizards thought was a flop.
Hours after that game ended both Harden and Wall were on their way to New Orleans where both are participants in the All-Star Game. Where the two were bound to run into each other. And you can bet that last play came up.
“(A number of players) were talking how many game winners there was the night before everybody came here and (Harden) came in and Eurospteps by me, Wall said with a laugh. “That’s how he scored the game winner right there.”
He didn’t say anything thing about the flop/foul?
“He isn’t going to say any ‘bout that,” Wall said. “He ain’t going to talk about the time he rubbed his beard in Trevor’s face either.”
While the players like to say All-Star weekend is all in good fun, there’s smack talk. Plenty of it.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 0
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 30
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 15
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 73