Feb 14, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
At one point, the official Barack Obama store was selling Obama koozies, Obama aprons, Obama handbags, Obama baby bibs, Obama golf balls, Obama tube socks, Obama dog shirts, Obama spatulas and Obama divot tools.
However, I don’t think the site ever had Obama toilet paper.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games – the first games after All-Star Break. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Hawes is a proud Republican, and by willfully enduring #mudbutt, it seems Turner supports Obama.
Will their friendship recover?
Hawes, via Jorge Sierra of HoopsHype:
At the end of the day, it’s not something that has ever negatively affected my relationships with people. Talking with guys about these things, you understand people on a level different than the everyday stuff. I think it’s been a good thing.
Hopefully, this doesn’t become Hawes’ first exception.
We might not agree which 76er has better political views, but heir ability to discuss these issues if they choose makes America great.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2