Feb 14, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
At one point, the official Barack Obama store was selling Obama koozies, Obama aprons, Obama handbags, Obama baby bibs, Obama golf balls, Obama tube socks, Obama dog shirts, Obama spatulas and Obama divot tools.
However, I don’t think the site ever had Obama toilet paper.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games – the first games after All-Star Break. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Hawes is a proud Republican, and by willfully enduring #mudbutt, it seems Turner supports Obama.
Will their friendship recover?
Hawes, via Jorge Sierra of HoopsHype:
At the end of the day, it’s not something that has ever negatively affected my relationships with people. Talking with guys about these things, you understand people on a level different than the everyday stuff. I think it’s been a good thing.
Hopefully, this doesn’t become Hawes’ first exception.
We might not agree which 76er has better political views, but heir ability to discuss these issues if they choose makes America great.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 16
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14