Spencer Hawes has Barack Obama toilet paper that Evan Turner won’t use

Feb 14, 2014, 3:40 PM EST

At one point, the official Barack Obama store was selling Obama koozies, Obama aprons, Obama handbags, Obama baby bibs, Obama golf balls, Obama tube socks, Obama dog shirts, Obama spatulas and Obama divot tools.

However, I don’t think the site ever had Obama toilet paper.

But thanks to teammate Evan Turner, we know 76ers center Spencer Hawes does.

Using the toilet @spenceneedle crib and I noticed his toilet paper. I refuse to use it though lol #mudbutt#lookingforadifferentrollFollow

Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games – the first games after All-Star Break. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $9,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.

Hawes is a proud Republican, and by willfully enduring #mudbutt, it seems Turner supports Obama.

Will their friendship recover?

Hawes, via Jorge Sierra of HoopsHype:

At the end of the day, it’s not something that has ever negatively affected my relationships with people. Talking with guys about these things, you understand people on a level different than the everyday stuff. I think it’s been a good thing.

Hopefully, this doesn’t become Hawes’ first exception.

We might not agree which 76er has better political views, but heir ability to discuss these issues if they choose makes America great.

1. posidelphia - Feb 14, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Who said anything about Hawes making an “exception” for Turner? He said his political beliefs never matter with people. So why the snarky dig line? You almost made it through without your disdain for Hawes’s beliefs oozing through, but you couldn’t quite make it. Perhaps its you who make “exceptions” when you decide to put up with someone who has different views then you, but it sounds like Hawes leaves his feeling in the bathroom where they belong.

2. basketballhooper1 - Feb 14, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Expect an NBA fine coming for Hawes hahaha (I’m joking btw)

3. nflcrimerankingscom - Feb 14, 2014 at 5:22 PM

“loves to debate politics and has a “God Bless George W. Bush” bumper sticker on his car.”

ah, white trash I see.

• xLith - Feb 14, 2014 at 8:12 PM

How’s that hope and change doin’ for ya?

• Professor Fate - Feb 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM

The hope was a big change from Bush. Obama is Bush II. I’m sure McCain/Palin would have been a much better choice, right?

• nflcrimerankingscom - Feb 16, 2014 at 1:32 PM

The only change I was looking for was not getting us into endless war and not continuing the crippling lowering of high income taxation. A sad, low standard I know.

• mytthor - Feb 15, 2014 at 3:04 AM

I’m a staunch liberal. If you’re on my team, I’d be more then happy to let you go free agent. Crap like this is the worst dreck I expect from a head-in-his-@$$ conservative.

Don’t be part of the problem. Be part of the solution.

4. therooneyskilledwebster - Feb 14, 2014 at 5:31 PM

So Evan chose not to wipe at all ? Has he not heard of the trials and tribulations of Bob Costas ?

5. pharohislife - Feb 14, 2014 at 8:03 PM

This is the kind of useless stuff people with money buy.

6. mrlaloosh - Feb 14, 2014 at 9:31 PM

I’m sure it’s single ply. Useless.

7. eagles512 - Feb 14, 2014 at 11:12 PM

So he’s white trash because he likes Bush? Talk about a racist statement.

• nflcrimerankingscom - Feb 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM

If in 2014 you think George W Bush should be blessed for his contribution to this country, then you are trash. White trash, black trash, sand trash, color don’t matter.

8. ranfan12 - Feb 15, 2014 at 12:57 PM

not good to mix basketball and politics

quick, someone bring up lebron flopping to distract lol

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches