Feb 14, 2014, 11:57 PM EDT
The presenter fumbled the trophy, and the glass star that sits loosely on its base came crashing down to the floor, but fortunately didn’t seem to suffer any real damage.
“It happened last year too,” Drummond said, when asked what he was thinking when he saw the trophy drop. “So I wasn’t expecting anything less. Usually a slip-up happens every year with the trophy, so I wasn’t too shocked about that.”
Drummond had a simple suggestion to help prevent any similar mishaps from occurring in the future.
“I think they should change it up so it’s not in two pieces,” he said.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16