Feb 14, 2014, 10:16 PM EDT
NEW ORLEANS — Don’t say nobody plays defense in the Rising Stars Challenge All-Star weekend…
Actually, you can say that all you want. Nobody plays defense in this game. Trust me, I was in the building and my Monday night pickup games (with no guy over 6’4″) have more effort on defense.
But Anthony Davis gave the home town fans a little show on this play, first blocking the Jonas Valanciunas running hook shot, which is an impressive bit of defense, then Davis ran the floor and finished the alley-oop. The New Orleans crowd is never louder than when Davis makes a play.
As a bonus, keep watching to see Valanciunas blow his alley-oop chance. Badly. It’s really funny.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 30
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40