Feb 14, 2014, 10:16 PM EST
NEW ORLEANS – Don’t say nobody plays defense in the Rising Stars Challenge All-Star weekend…
Actually, you can say that all you want. Nobody plays defense in this game. Trust me, I was in the building and my Monday night pickup games (with no guy over 6’4″) have more effort on defense.
But Anthony Davis gave the home town fans a little show on this play, first blocking the Jonas Valanciunas running hook shot, which is an impressive bit of defense, then Davis ran the floor and finished the alley-oop. The New Orleans crowd is never louder than when Davis makes a play.
As a bonus, keep watching to see Valanciunas blow his alley-oop chance. Badly. It’s really funny.
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 0
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 8
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 11
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 11
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 26
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12