Feb 13, 2014, 2:33 AM EDT
It looked seconds before like Stephen Curry was going to be the hero — he drove the lane and got an and-1 lay-up that had the Golden State Warriors up by 2 with time running down.
But it’s still LeBron James‘ world.
I love that Eric Spoelstra didn’t call a timeout — if you have a veteran team you trust, let them run what they want to run. The Heat shooters all went to the arc and cleared out for LeBron, who had a very good defender in Andre Iguodala on him — but clearly the Warriors did not expect him to shoot from that far out. It wasn’t a good shot, really. Didn’t matter to LeBron.
If you’re going to put yourself on the NBA’s Mount Rushmore, you better hit shots like that.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 37
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14