Feb 13, 2014, 2:33 AM EDT
It looked seconds before like Stephen Curry was going to be the hero — he drove the lane and got an and-1 lay-up that had the Golden State Warriors up by 2 with time running down.
But it’s still LeBron James‘ world.
I love that Eric Spoelstra didn’t call a timeout — if you have a veteran team you trust, let them run what they want to run. The Heat shooters all went to the arc and cleared out for LeBron, who had a very good defender in Andre Iguodala on him — but clearly the Warriors did not expect him to shoot from that far out. It wasn’t a good shot, really. Didn’t matter to LeBron.
If you’re going to put yourself on the NBA’s Mount Rushmore, you better hit shots like that.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30