Feb 13, 2014, 2:33 AM EDT
It looked seconds before like Stephen Curry was going to be the hero — he drove the lane and got an and-1 lay-up that had the Golden State Warriors up by 2 with time running down.
But it’s still LeBron James‘ world.
I love that Eric Spoelstra didn’t call a timeout — if you have a veteran team you trust, let them run what they want to run. The Heat shooters all went to the arc and cleared out for LeBron, who had a very good defender in Andre Iguodala on him — but clearly the Warriors did not expect him to shoot from that far out. It wasn’t a good shot, really. Didn’t matter to LeBron.
If you’re going to put yourself on the NBA’s Mount Rushmore, you better hit shots like that.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 1
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 6
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 14