Feb 13, 2014, 2:33 AM EDT
It looked seconds before like Stephen Curry was going to be the hero — he drove the lane and got an and-1 lay-up that had the Golden State Warriors up by 2 with time running down.
But it’s still LeBron James‘ world.
I love that Eric Spoelstra didn’t call a timeout — if you have a veteran team you trust, let them run what they want to run. The Heat shooters all went to the arc and cleared out for LeBron, who had a very good defender in Andre Iguodala on him — but clearly the Warriors did not expect him to shoot from that far out. It wasn’t a good shot, really. Didn’t matter to LeBron.
If you’re going to put yourself on the NBA’s Mount Rushmore, you better hit shots like that.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8