Feb 12, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
The Boston Celtics are not the Boston Celtics without Bill Russell.
He was a great player, a civil rights activist and a guy who changed the NBA and more importantly had a hand in changing the nation.
Wednesday, Feb. 12, is also his 80th birthday. Fans
Wait. Bill Russell and Abraham Lincoln share a birthday? This…this is my new favorite thing.—
Derek James (@DerekJamesNBA) February 12, 2014
And just in case you need a reminder of his greatness:
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 20
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9