Feb 12, 2014, 2:25 PM EDT
The Boston Celtics are not the Boston Celtics without Bill Russell.
He was a great player, a civil rights activist and a guy who changed the NBA and more importantly had a hand in changing the nation.
Wednesday, Feb. 12, is also his 80th birthday. Fans
Wait. Bill Russell and Abraham Lincoln share a birthday? This…this is my new favorite thing.—
Derek James (@DerekJamesNBA) February 12, 2014
And just in case you need a reminder of his greatness:
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 10
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 39
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 39
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17